The Hardest Post I’ve Ever Had To Write

Such a sad loss and such a cruel illness that can strike any one at any time. It puts things in perspective and makes us remember what is really important.

So sorry to read your post but how inspiring to see how many people care and are moved.

Sparky

Ruby,
Im so sorry to hear about your son Matt,
I think youre a very courageous man to go through all of that and still keep your fighting spirit, obdviously something well learned from your great son.

My thoughts are with you at this time, may you have many joyous memories of you son. you will meet again someday,
all the best mate and keep your chin up

"Footprints on the Heart
Some people come into our lives and quickly go.
Some people move our souls to dance.
They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom.

Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon.
They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts
And we are never, ever the same."

My thoughts are with you Ruby.

Let me add to Geoff’s post that Ruby is a true quiet achiever on SS often beating most, if not all, of us Mods to the tasks when they arise whilst coping with this massive challenge.

The loss of your child is so very sad. Even the thought of not having my daughter has teared me up. I cannot begin to comprehend the level of grief you must be experiencing.

Please take all the time you need and let some others take up the baton.

Sincerest condolences from our family, Peter

Ruby,

Its impossible to conceive of your loss. I read your post some time ago but have been completely lost for words so have avoided posting my consolensces as I simply didn't know what to say.

All I can do is add my voice to those that have already posted. Please accept my sincerest condolensces in your time of need.

I wish there was more I could do. I assure you there are probably thousands of members that are mute here too that are lost for words like me and don't know how to respond appropriately. You are loved broadly and your loss is tragic.

With all our love,
Michael, Kay and Aden.

Like Michael, I read your post a day ago.
Even though I don't know you or your family personally, I have thought of you quite often since reading your post.
Puts situations in perspective with small daily annoyances.
Rob and I also send our condolences.
That is a very happy picture of Matt.

Dear Ruby

What a lovely photo of Matt! Such a beautiful young man must have given you lovely memories to cherish and to treasure. Parting is such sweet sorrow indeed in this situation. The best inspires and leaves something good to be carried forward. I pray you will find peace and solace ... the spirit lives.

Dear Ruby,

I was heartbroken to hear of Matt's passing. I hope that you ,Nev and the family continue to draw strength from each other as each day passes.
It sounds as though Matt was a very special young man and you have wonderful memories to cherish.
I have you all in my thoughts.

Love Theresa

My wife and I are both only new to this forum but just wanted to say how very sorry we are for your loss and send our condolenses to you and your family.

We are praying for you and your family Ruby.

Jason & Caroline

Dear Ruby and family,

I have just returned to Somersoft after a long break travelling, it is just devastating to read of your tragic loss.

I think of how I would feel if anything were to happen to one of my precious children, and I cannot even imagine what anguish you must be going through.
To lose a child is just not fair! I am so, so sorry!

I hope you can take some small comfort knowing that your son has touched so many people - even people like me who did not know him. I will hug my children extra hard tonight. My deepest and sincere sympathy to you.

Lily

Ruby, Nev and family,

It's all been said - I can't think of any more to add. Like the others, I just feel so sad for you - losing a child must be the hardest thing. But thank you for sharing that glorious photo of Matt with us.

As others have said, I too believe he is still around you, and will be there to help you through this dark time. My thoughts are with you all,

Regards,

Sitting here at 4:30am and don't have a clue what to say.

Lost my father and sister to cancer and know what a horrible time this must have been for you.

Talk about your boy, celebrate his life, cry lots and scream at the walls. It's the only way to deal with it. Time heals - sounds trite, but true.

God bless, Michael

As someone who has known the battle you've been going through it still came as shock to me to read your post. I knew as soon as I saw the title what it was going to be about and it's taken me a while to respond.

If you'll allow me to give you some advice - I'd like to say we all grieve in our own way, but please remember not to become alone in your grief - grieve and pull together as a family.

I'm so, so sorry for you and your family and I concur that it is indeed a beautiful photo of Matt that you put up. Remember his smile, remember his laugh, remember the time you had with him and most of all remember his courage. I hope I'm as brave when my time comes.

My thoughts are with you
Olly

Back