The Hardest Post I’ve Ever Had To Write

Time heals - sounds trite, but true.

i know this might seem out of place, at this time, but keep in touch with his friends and associates - then - in 12 months or whatever, when you've had time to get past the grief, invite them all for a party to "celebrate" and remember matt ... at a time when you can all do so with happy, fond memories and joy, rather than sadness and pain.

Just saw this. OMG I cant comprehend your pain and wont even try to say something cool in the hope of cheering you up. Can only offer the biggest hugs for you.

For those of us reading this;
Life is short - live it.

After realisng the fraility of life some time ago my $ Credo is 1/3 for now and 2/3 for later.

Back to the topic, if you need a break, I have a spare room in a resort on the beach in Perth. My place is your home, especially if you are handy with a paint brush and a bottle opener. :) One out of two will see you over the line, especially the second :)

Ruby
I read the title & could sense what the post was going to be... such a tragedy losing someone so young & with so much to live for.
My thoughts are with you & your family
Steve

Ruby,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Its such a devastating loss, but I'm confident that you will live through it, and gain strength to grow even stronger during the years ahead.
My experience with people close to me dying is that the grieving comes in waves and continues for longer than you anticipate.... and you just have to go with the flow when the grief comes. I think having somewhere physical you can go to express that grief really helps - whether its the cemetary, or somewhere that was special to you and Matt.
But at the same time, life does gain some normality, and you don't need to feel guilty about that either.
My friend recently lost his wife, and he says that he feels like there are two train lines in his life. He'll be going along OK, and suddenly will "switch lines" and feel the full weight of the grief. and then often suddenly again, he'll be back into the routine of life. You have to experience both fully and not feel bad about either time.
I hope that you have a strong community and family around you who can support you in this time. Please make sure you let people help you - not only will it relieve you of some of your responsibilities during this time.... its also their way of expressing their grief and feeling like they can do something that will make a difference.
Pen

Back