The hidden extras of building

During the building phase, if the builder leaves things like window panes, appliances, etc on the construction site and it gets nicked, who is responsible for paying for it?

During the building phase, if the builder leaves things like window panes, appliances, etc on the construction site and it gets nicked, who is responsible for paying for it?

The builder. That's what his insurance is for.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am currently building with sterling homes and on top of what is already listed by other ssers, they got me to pay for soil removal ( because there is weed growing on the land and they can't build on vegetation ). I have to outsource the job because they wanted to charge me an arm and leg for it .

I love this thread!! Have written down so many notes to be mindful of when chatting to builders...
Have a question though, (don't I always!!) if a builder offers a project mgt service as part of his quote, is this something to run away from or is it usual?

Seems odd ( to a beginner) that the builder is effectively managing himself ?

IF, I were to use something like this would having the contract/clauses etc checked out by an independent prop lawyer be sufficient ?

Back