The history of renovations

1930's ....Ohhh these timber floor boards look terrible, we definetly need to cover them up with something..struth..

1940's....How modern does this lino and vinyl look on the floors..bonza....

1950's This ugly timber kitchen really needs a face lift, let's spruce it up with these orange and green bench tops and cupboard doors. Oh and that water tank has got to go..b.oath..

1960's....Those lead painted walls are so fifties..check out these pshycodelic wall paper patterns...choice..

1970's Timber homes are for slums...Check out these new brick pads..nice..

1980's.... Those vinly floors are so grose,..hey we should lay some plush shagadelic pile....groovey..

1990's That carpet is so foul and 80's..lets spruce it up with these floor tiles..smokin...

2000...Let;s ditch these drab walls and sickening wall paper and spruce these walls up with some paint, but guess what looks awsome? They call them feature walls...sweet...

2010...These timber floors are so 2000, and what were they thinking with those super glossy kitchen cupboards, and so much silver...(slogan not created yet)

2020...I wish I had a home to renovate..:(

Very Good.. except it doesn't mention bathrooms... and the mirad of colours they have been through....
Green
pink
purple
brown & orange
aqua
white

and now i have started to see a lot of 'modern' brown again...

My bathroom has not only been through these colours but it still sports most of them.

It also has baby blue and slate, and navy blue where the baby blue has flaked off.

god i would love to just come and do a tour of your place.. i love hearing the bits and pieces about it.

Just renovating a nice old place, the dark timber veneer kitchen is actualy so old it's back in fashion! just need some silver rail handles sweet. And the squared off bench tops just need a bit of new laminex.

The blue toilet is still blue and the blue bath is still blue. Just pulling up the shagg carpet but this bit only has pine floors not like the quality eucalypt in the other bit that sanded up and polished real nice. Bit of brush box maybe, nice oranges, red, browns mixed with pale browns and blondes.

All good fun.

Shag Pile Bathroom

And in the 70's my nana had her bathroom decked out with shag pile carpet. Not a word of a lie:D

My mother-in-law only just took up the baby poo coloured shag pile carpet in her bathroom. She cut it herself to fit around the fixtures and plonked it straight over the terrazzo floor. This way, she could take it out to wash it :eek:

That was bad enough, but now she has painted a kind of gold "wash" over the terrazzo, so it looks pretty awful still, but not as bad as the baby poo shag :eek::eek:

Kind of fits in with the "decor" in the rest of the house though..... :p

i had an older aquaintence who's bathroom had black shag carpet and walls, and red fittings everywhere - was like walking into a bordello ...

Back