The Interview #10

Discussion in 'Property Investment - Other' started by Ruby, 15th May, 2007.

1. Ruby

Ruby Member

Media:
  2. geoffw

geoffw Untitled

Media:
    Thanks for that interview. I've always enjoyed SOS's contributions.

It's good to get an REA's views on things- especially an REA who is investment savvy.

Good on you SOS!

3. Rickardo

Rickardo Member

Thanks Ruby, these are always enjoyable.

4. chrispy

chrispy Member

Media:
    Great read, its good to see someone talking about the one that got away!!!

Well done SOS and Ruby, great effort

Chris

5. The Y-man

The Y-man Member

Media:
    Nice one SOS!! :)

Cheers,

The Y-man

6. Sultan of Swing

Sultan of Swing Real Estate Salesman

Thanks guys, I appreciate your kind comments.

Cheers

7. ani

ani Member

Media:
    Yeah SOS

It is always good to hear about investing in a "different" market and the ups and downs!

Makes us all feel normal;)

8. kingchevy

kingchevy Member

Good interview it must be hard been a real estate agent and buying property.

9. our obsession

our obsession Amor est vitae essentia

Media:
    Thanks very much Ruby and SOS, always interesting and quirky twist :) this interview because of SOS's involvement in the industry....nice work on the units btw! ;)

Top stuff SOS. All the best for oncoming real estate.

10. lizzie

lizzie when i grow up ...

Media:
    great interview, as usual. thanks sos.

we also have some ip's sold just before the boom that we regret selling (as i think all ss readers probably have). still regret selling it 9 years later, but not stewing. it tripled in value in a space of around 4 years.

i stumbled on an article today about western tassie investing - average price of rosebery of $60,000 - but expected to rise because of new mines opening up. what are your thoughts for any interested ss readers, being on the ground as you are?

11. Jaffasoft

Jaffasoft Member

Thanks that was down to earth and explained well. I like how you've focused on where you have went wrong because that's the way to learn from it. No hype or ego trip and an easy to read interview. Thanks

12. yadreamin

yadreamin Member

Great interview SOS. A very enjoyable read. Thanks for putting your story out there.
    I have always been under the impression that being a REA would put you in a great position of buying ips. Never thought conflict of interest of being an issue.
    cheers yadreamin

13. Sultan of Swing

Sultan of Swing Real Estate Salesman

My thoughts.... :eek:

Last year in October me and a friend kept talking about going down to one of the mining towns because of the new mine there. We figured we'd buy 2 houses each but didn't get there. After all, it is a 2 hour drive.... Prices have gone up about 50% since October.:rolleyes: I should probably still buy one anyway. The yield will be good.

The good thing... I bought a lot of shares in the new mine in January and they're up ~75% in 4 months. :p Thing is, if I'd bought them in October, I'd have a ~350% gain. I'd buy more but they now represent over half my share portfolio. They were 30c in Oct, I bought at an average price of 62c between January and March, they're now around $1.10 off a high of $1.18 last week. They're expected to go well over $2.00 by the end of the year but that's only hear say. Do your own research as nickel prices could plummet and I'd lose the lot!

14. caz

caz Member

I really enjoyed your interview too. I have family who were in real estate and they always had a conflict of interest too. They also bought thru other agents or had to pay a bit over market if they bought thru their own agency so they didn't rip people off.
    It is nice to hear of other good agents who aren't taking advantage of people you hear so many bad stories about agents :)

15. Les

Les Member

Media:
    Work Sydney - home is Brisbane, as are IP's
    G'day SOS,

I loved your "telling it like it is, even if it showed me up" style. As you'd know, we all learn more from understanding what goes wrong, or decisions that were "not quite right".

So thanks for putting it all in there. And thanks to Ruby, for continuing this very useful feature,

Regards,