The Key to Success is Laziness

Greetings,

the following is a statement that has come to my attention...

"the key to success is laziness"

what are your interpretations on this statement???

Curious,

Marten

If it aint broke don't fix it.

ie. don't "play" with your investments if they are supposed to a long term proposition - be patient.

I believe that if laziness means

* delegating

* finding more efficient ways of doing things

* passive investments

* setting up automatic systems

* focusing efforts on achieving goals

then yes laziness is the key to success.

However if laziness means

* abdicating responsibility

* procrastination

* doing things in a half hearted or incomplete way

then it could be a fast track to nowhere

I could write more but I couldn't be bothered

:)

Hi,

I think that phrase sums up passive income :)

To me its about changing the habit of working by the hour to getting paid by the hour, to working on ways to get paid doing nothing.

A rental property fully managed, makes you money while you could be lazing by the pool.

A website with an automated shopping system, could be creating cashflow while you're asleep.

If you can find something that doesn't need your constant attention, ie you can be lazy and it still works, that that is "one" measure of success.

Michael G

"Nobody ever rises above mediocrity who does not learn to use the brains of other people and sometimes the money of other people too... it takes a combination of the two."

This statement by Napoleon Hill may well hold the answer to this question.

Originally posted by Marten
what are your interpretations on this statement???

Marten, if my knowledge of English serves me correctly the interpretation you ask for is subjective, not objective. So I don't see why:

a. You're now telling people who has the right and wrong answers, and
b. Bagging Sim for supposedly having the "wrong" answer.

Kevmeister,

Sim knows that i'm just teasing him...

he has a go at me too, so it's all for fun...

but if u want to enter the realms of a philosophical debate then let's play...

Marten, if my knowledge of English serves me correctly the interpretation you ask for is subjective, not objective. So I don't see why:

a. You're now telling people who has the right and wrong answers, and
b. Bagging Sim for supposedly having the "wrong" answer.

now, i agree that the question i asked is subjective...

afterall, what interpreted answer to any question is NOT subjective in its natural form???

everything we experience in the world through our physical senses, our emotional feelings, our intellectual understandings, is interpreted by our subjective self...

so to the question of whether i can judge peoples' opinions...

of course i can!!!

why?

because within the realms of my own subjective self, i have the ability to set the rules & they are all relative to my level of perception & understanding...

therefore, i can judge peoples' opinions based on my subjective interpretation

QED :D

Hits a home run,

Marten

Enough with the amateur philosophy hour already. If the question is taken in its literal form than its either a trick question or you are referring to:

"The key to success is laziness. The more hands-on you are, the less money you can make"

by Robert Kiyosaki, which is another of his silly throw away lines.
Even if you are lazy and "hands off" theres still a lot to be done to become successful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marten:

Your arrogance amazes me. Your reply was pointless to the extreme, so I don't understand why Sim suggest we pay that.

My point was simple - perhaps you will "get it" this time: why ask someone for their interpretation, and then proceed to tell them if they are right or wrong?

Kev... chill !

It was all meant in jest. Tongue-in-cheek. It was a clever response which I found quite funny.

Sim,

thanks buddy...

i really needed that commission :D

now i can survive another day :D

Feels relieved,

Marten

Last edited:
Back