The latest project

skater said:
I'm a simple girl at heart. I just used sugar soap, very hot water & very thick rubber gloves. More than one go in the really bad areas, ie everything.
Thanks for that. Well, I suppose I'd better get started! ;)

Cheers

Skater..,
Great job!!
Have you sold this place yet??If you don't mind more Q's from beginners..
Do you have a time limit to sell by..ie holding costs or loan interest is adding up so you have to consider either putting in tenant or dropping the price?
Thanks

Ruth

Hi Skater

I’ve just had a look at it on the web site, most of the photos look great.

I was disappointed with the write up though. The agent has plenty to work with but when you’re competing against other properties I believe you have to write something to whet a buyer’s appetite and I think your agents been lazy with he/she has written so I took it upon myself to have a go.

How’s this?

If you’re looking for something with a few ‘extras’ then take a peek here. This home has been lovingly rejuvenated* and is just waiting for you to find it. Apart from having four bedrooms, a delightful new kitchen and a renewed bathroom, there’s also a separate lounge room and a dining area with French doors that open out onto a stylish timber deck, an ideal place to entertain family and friends. There’s also a private, well-fenced backyard with plenty of space for the kids to play in safely and as it backs onto treed parkland, it has a peaceful rural atmosphere. And at this price it shouldn’t last so call for an inspection today!

I can just hear some of you saying, ‘Just another agent overselling or overstating a property’ but hey, if you were the vendor wouldn’t you want your agent pulling out all stops and giving it everything they had to sell your home and to get you the best possible price in the shortest period of time?

I’d also ask them to take another picture of the laundry, the one on the net is crooked and lets it down. With digital cameras, how much trouble is it to take a few and get it right? It can be the little things that set it apart. If the agent can’t be bothered getting a picture right, again it's just laziness and I believe it takes away from the property just a tad.

I’m open to any comments or feedback about it. Perhaps you like the simple type of ad.

Cheers :)

*I have to credit Peter Spann with my use of ‘rejuvenated’. I read it in one of his books and have used it many times since as no one else round here has ever used it. Thanks Peter.

Last edited:
Absolutely

Hey SoS. I would agree with you, it needs to be deliciously excitable.

(Sorry, also watching a cooking show. yum yum)

Agents that I have used have been gushing in their praise of the property and really worked at the description. They fell in love with it, and sold me on the package. They also sold my property. They were so excited, if they had a tail they would have wagged it!

That was opposed to the agent I bought the place off before the renovation - who was down on everything and kind of glum. I was hard pressed to keep him on the phone, I wanted to get out of his presence.. ergh.

Go for the excited one every time.

One thing though...

Did you mean to say "lovingly rejuvenated"?

alwayscurious said:
One thing though...

Did you mean to say "lovingly rejuvenated"?

Ummmm, yeah.....is that ok or isn't it proper English??:confused:

I sorta think, Skater and Bargain Hunter put a lot into it and woulda loved it when the saw their project progressing. :D

Cheers

Sultan of Swing said:
Ummmm, yeah.....is that ok or isn't it proper English??:confused:

I sorta think, Skater and Bargain Hunter put a lot into it and woulda loved it when the saw their project progressing. :D

Cheers

Aww crap now I look really pedantic. :( ... ah well.

Your original post had "loving rejuvenated" But here am I calling the kettle black. I do that sort of thing all the time.

I find myself typing 'teh' instead of the almost 100% of the time...

Anyway back to the house:
I agree in total with the spirit of what you are trying to project: get some enthusiasm in the pitch ... find an agent that falls in love with the place - and can sell that to potential purchasers.

alwayscurious said:
Your original post had "loving rejuvenated" But here am I calling the kettle black. I do that sort of thing all the time.

Oops, I missed that! You're right, that's what I meant to write.:eek: Now I gotta fix it.

Cheers

SOS (<<<< Another pedant that stands corrected :p )

Sultan of Swing said:
Hi Skater

I’ve just had a look at it on the web site, most of the photos look great.

I was disappointed with the write up though. The agent has plenty to work with but when you’re competing against other properties I believe you have to write something to whet a buyer’s appetite and I think your agents been lazy with he/she has written so I took it upon myself to have a go.

How’s this?

If you’re looking for something with a few ‘extras’ then take a peek here. This home has been lovingly rejuvenated* and is just waiting for you to find it. Apart from having four bedrooms, a delightful new kitchen and a renewed bathroom, there’s also a separate lounge room and a dining area with French doors that open out onto a stylish timber deck, an ideal place to entertain family and friends. There’s also a private, well-fenced backyard with plenty of space for the kids to play in safely and as it backs onto treed parkland, it has a peaceful rural atmosphere. And at this price it shouldn’t last so call for an inspection today!

I can just hear some of you saying, ‘Just another agent overselling or overstating a property’ but hey, if you were the vendor wouldn’t you want your agent pulling out all stops and giving it everything they had to sell your home and to get you the best possible price in the shortest period of time?

I’d also ask them to take another picture of the laundry, the one on the net is crooked and lets it down. With digital cameras, how much trouble is it to take a few and get it right? It can be the little things that set it apart. If the agent can’t be bothered getting a picture right, again it's just laziness and I believe it takes away from the property just a tad.

I’m open to any comments or feedback about it. Perhaps you like the simple type of ad.

Cheers :)

*I have to credit Peter Spann with my use of ‘rejuvenated’. I read it in one of his books and have used it many times since as no one else round here has ever used it. Thanks Peter.
SOS, I love that. I have taken it off the market for a little while, but I will definately get the Agent to write something along those lines. Thanks.:D

Ah, Kamak, you say that now, but wait a few years when you have done a few & learnt some new skills. You will be amazed by what you will acheive.:cool:

After this thread was closed for a while,:mad: I have been allowed to add a reply or two.

The cost of the complete reno came in at around $17k, which was under budget, go I'm happy with that.

The house didn't sell, so we went with plan B & rented it out. It is getting $230pw, which is quite a high figure for little old Willmot.:D I'm thinking of giving it another go, but am really unconcerned if it sells or not, although the $$ I could put to good use elseware.

Haven't had any further problems with the neighbours & as far as I am aware, neither have the tenants.

Great thread skater - any updates on the property? did you eventually sell it?
im about to embark on a similar expedition on a similar type of property, in the same area actually, although i think i will hire everyone to do the work for me. :)

Also any update on how your termite treatment went? mine if filled with the buggers.

Great thread skater - any updates on the property? did you eventually sell it?
im about to embark on a similar expedition on a similar type of property, in the same area actually, although i think i will hire everyone to do the work for me. :)

Also any update on how your termite treatment went? mine if filled with the buggers.

Mike, we did sell it in late 08-early 09, I don't have the date on hand right now. We had a couple of set-backs after completing that home that were completely unforeseen, which meant that something had to go, & that house owed us the most.

We had this
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23497&highlight=buffer

And at a similar time we also had a PM who ripped us off. I thought I posted about it, but seems I can't find it. Anyway, cut a long story short, he was spending up out of the Trust Fund. Rents were paid in cash to him, and many owners got hurt big time. We had 5 with him at the time and worked out that he ripped us off by over $10k. I can't remember the exact figure. I've moved on and don't want to go back there.

The termites went. We got rid of the queen.:D

Needless to say, late 2005-early 2006 was not a good time.

haha - gotta agree with that ... the losses from a large project that came online just in time for the 2005 slump set us back several years.

Well, when you add the slump in as well............then we had two years of abnormally high sport costs, while preparing for worlds. Without all of that, I could have retired Hubby by now.:(

Still, it's all good. Can't help bad luck, all you can do is prepare and keep churning away. Now we have rents up (considerably) and interest rates down. It all evens out in the end. Onward & upward.:D

Back