The more you have...the harder it is to find love?

Finding love was a relatively easy task when I was young, as long as there was some physical attraction, chemistry and no major personality clashes, we are happy with the other person.

I dated a guy during my uni days, we met each other in class...both had nothing in life, uncertain where the future will lead us...yet I was happy...we stayed happily together for 5 years doing things that doesn't cost much money...we'd eat cheap meals and go to free places...I felt content as I had no expectations.

We separated when we both started working...even though we both made more money...we started spending less time together and stopped doing things we use to do...the more money I made, the less happy I became...at the end of the day it was just a figure in the bank account.

I've been trying to get back into the dating scene but haven't been very successful meeting someone as my expectations has changed and I've became more realistic...the fact that I have more money now, I want to find someone with the same ambition in life and similar income and wealth...at the same time...I still hope to find someone who can enjoy the simple things in life which doesn't involve any money...

Money doesn't buy happiness...but it is an expectation that we can't live with out it!

Its because onese expectations change as they push themself they expect a partner on same level.

Your on this forum posting that, I am sure you will spark up some interest and maybe get a few leads which are in your target market :)

I think its more important to find someone that your happy with and naturally click with.. As long as they can work and cover their personal costs who cares what they make (ok a guy should have a reasonable income with some surplus, a girl would be a different story), isn't happiness more important than money at the end of the day? You don't want someone who is a workaholic and doesn't focus on the relationship.. I guess your after a balance in between for a good allrounder eh? \

Dont worry someone will pop up just make a happy choice.. :p

Also when your young relationships seem alot more rememberable, I guess everything is new then and when you get older things dont seem so special. Dont dwell on the past since it can affect your present or future.

A lot of the people I meet from going out to bars have no savings and do not intend to either!
I think happiness is much more important than money...I was happy when I had no money...with more money come more stress and more responsibilities...

I think that your change in wealth is a symptom with a similar (perhaps the same) root cause as why you might be having a couple of problems finding love. You've changed/grown into something a little different to what you were before, and that new creature is completely different.

If we could donate your present wealth to your 18 year old self, she'd still be as capable of love as she was (except with a lot more shoes/handbags/dog in a purse).

If we stole all of your wealth right now and gave it to a worthwhile charity (Ocean Architectural is a pretty good one, I heard. They sponsor bipolar people :D ) leaving you broke, chances are youd still have the same difficulties that you have now.

That being said, young dumb sexually excited kids are a dime a dozen. If you're one of them, youll find another airhead out of the millions of them in a heartbeat. Successful, refined, competent people are a much smaller group. You're fishing in the same size pool with fewer compatible fish.

Let this be a lesson to all you young investors. Sell your portfolio, and sign up to this instead :p http://www.sugardaddyforme.com/?mode=startme&welcome_to_sugarDaddyForMe.com&x_source=A2_444504:seven

If I had the wealth I had when I was 18...I would not have spent it on more shoes/handbags, instead I would have started investing earlier :D
My change in wealth have made change to become more conscious about the type of people I want to associate myself with...and maybe I'm not use to this because I'm not the creature I use to be.

If wealth is taken from me now...I would have a different set of problems, maybe it's just a part of growing up, to want different things at different stages in life.

I agree with "Successful, refined, competent people are a much smaller group. You're fishing in the same size pool with fewer compatible fish"
I might need to find a different pool with more compentent fish in it :)

Wealth and love

Hiya

When i met my husband, he was as poor as a church mouse; i chose to marry him though as (among other things) he makes me laugh and made me a gentler person!

On the other hand, i can say, that with my help and encouragement tho'; i have made him rich (ha! )

Morale of the story: choose the man you love; wealth can (and will) come later....but not the other way round!

All the best in love!:D

I think you might be fishing in the wrong pool. :D I would think theres more wrong types in bars, unless it was a exclusive one and pricey.

Just make sure your expectations don't keep on escalating where your chasing your tail. You will know when the right person comes along. Maybe your too focussed on partners success level than happiness?

Dont worry! 加油!

A lot of the people I meet from going out to bars have no savings and do not intend to either!
I think happiness is much more important than money...I was happy when I had no money...with more money come more stress and more responsibilities...

Perhaps you're just maturing and becoming more responsible, but are still associating with those that haven't.

Life is often stress free when you don't have responsibilities, however I don't agree that more money makes life more stressful.

Ask an adult struggling to pay their rent/mortgage, bills or petrol (to get to work to pay for these things), if they feel stress free.

I took a look at this for a laugh. Made my skin crawl. The thought of hooking up with an older woman just for the money, or a younger one just for the sex; seriously creepy either way...

I believe money can buy love if you're open to it. Buy a dog. A dog will worship the ground you walk on and love you unconditionally. They will literally kiss your feet (even my wife won't do that). The only caveat is you have to like dogs.

The best thing about dogs is that you take dogs for walks and if they're confident, they're completely uninhibited about meeting people. There has never been a better icebreaker! This could lead to great companionship from the dog, and someone else for all the other stuff ;)

Edit: Don't buy a little white fluffy dog. Get one that a guy will respect. The dog will thus ensure that the guy respects you too :)

Are you asking guys at clubs if they have saving or not, interesting pick up line you have there?

I am happier with money then without out.

The job is the issue but then if I did not have the stress full job then I would stress about paying the mortage and the bills. You can not win that is just life.

P.S I am 32 Single, from Melbourne and have saving in my offset account. lol

@Virgo...you can't be more right, the wealth you create together whilst in love makes it much more worthwhile. Choosing someone because of their wealth will lead to life without love.

@Darkage...I do not choose partner for money or success...hence why I felt sad that I was happier without money. What I'm searching for now is someone with the same ambition as myself...a man who is not insecure because I want to be more successful and competent in life...someone who will grow with me and respect me for my decisions in life. Having said that...I also dont want to work hard for the rest of my life!

@Weg, most my friends at 25 years of age are still drinking, partying and wasting their life...even friends at 30 are still doing the same even though they constantly say they are getting old and need to settle and have a more stable life! So maybe you are right...at 24, I'm hanging around the wrong people...I need to find a different pool otherwise I'll be sinking with the rest of them!

I think it's best if both can learn to float...at least one won't be dragging the other down!

i agree with the majority that it is you attitude and maturity that has changed you bank balance - rather than you bank balance changing you.

i am a great believer in "friends for all seasons". in other words, friends and associates come and go in your life as you need to learn something from them, and they from you. sometimes the relationship can last an entire lifetime - and sometimes only months.

you need to change your circle - don't change yourself.

Maybe Shim is maturing faster than ppl around her and feels out of place. 24 is still pretty young, maybe take it as it comes and when you least expect it someone special comes along.

I think you might be fishing in the wrong pool.

Hmmmm....and the fast swimming barracudas in the deep end of the big pool will happily eat you for breakfast.

I think happiness is much more important than money...

Steady as she goes, it sounds like you've still got your training floaties on.

Wealth and love

Hiya

Didn't i read that someone got engaged to each other via this forum?

You young investors out there! ( and i mean less than 30; save me all these politically correct statements)

Can't you all organise a get together ? I mean seriously, in this age of inter-connectness, you would have thot someone would have some organising skills?
If only my daughter was a bit older.....ttchh!!

How about you Nathan? I know you are young, decent, rich, good looking and available (?) Why don't you start the ball rolling? There, i've said it!:)

@PT_Bear, unfortunately not a huge fan of large dogs...too much work...and will need property with a lot of land to keep them happy! Your comment about hooking up with older or younger woman for the wrong reason made me laugh!

@Lizzie, you are right...I need to change my friends rather than changing myself to accomodate for them. I've always been sensible with money all my life...partly due to growing up poor and not having money...learned the importance of saving for rainy days.

@Darkage...I don't feel so young at 24 anymore...most people at clubs are 18...I feel out of place with the older and younger crowd...maybe 24 is just a bad age...I've almost reached quarter life crisis!

@Property Horde, I do not ask ppl how much money they have in their bank account! It's not of my interest...but I can be certain guys at clubs have no savings because they shout girls drinks as if it wasn't money...good to have guys like that to buy us girls drinks, but when looking for a relationship. I want someone sensible!

PS: I'm 24 single and have savings in my offset account too. Lol

@Darkage...I don't feel so young at 24 anymore...most people at clubs are 18...I feel out of place with the older and younger crowd...maybe 24 is just a bad age...I've almost reached quarter life crisis!

I think 24 is a good age, just be with ppl around your age then should be alright. At least your free to do what you want to take in some experiences that you maybe not get a chance when you are hooked up with someone. A good time to focus on career goals.

Are you starting to feel pressure to find someone by the age of 30? I think for asian girls theres more pressure to get married by age 30 and for western girls more like 40.

Well you have updated your profile picture on somersoft, take it as a good start to get some interest from like minded ppl from here eh?

Back