The Most Disgusting House I Have Ever Seen

So I have just been around to have a look inside one of the houses I just settled on and is going to be demolished this week. (3km from the CBD).

The sellers were very elderly, with one now permanently in hospital, the other moved out last week.

There is no record of a transfer of title since the title was registered in 1948. We paid out a mortgage against the property of just under 90% of its purchase price.

I have seen some disgusting and run down properties over the years but I would not let my dog sleep in this place.

There is
glass missing in some of the windows
possum crap everywhere
nicotine stained ceilings and walls
paint peeling off and falling off all the walls and ceilings
the grossest mould I have ever seen all through the bath
the carpet is so dirty that there is what looks like dirt actually protruding above the carpet in places (like sand does on an artificial turf pitch)
a general sense of filth everywhere even though there is no actual rubbish lying around.

The only thing I can think of is that their kids have ripped them off or used their house for security because this place has not had a cent spent on it in decades.

I bought one that was nearly as bad, the toilet hadnt been cleaned in the whole 3 month takeover period (possibly even longer) There was actually dirt around the fireplace hearth, dont ask me how or why. The carpet was so heavy with dirt it took 2 people to pull pieces of it out the front door. This was a family, admittedly he had only one arm but the mother and 2 daughters were able bodied. Most disgusting place I had ever seen

My place in Bendigo that got trashed and was full of cat urine and faeces... tradies walked in the front door, about faced, ran outside and vomited. Thanks to the property management firm in Bendigo that could have moonlighted as cast members on the muppet show, it took almost 6 months to sort it out.

Worst I have seen was a place in Tregear. Elderly man who was mostly bed ridden and had 6 cats. It was a case of take a deep breath outside and see as much of the house you could before needing to take another breath.

My shoes stuck to the carpet from the cat urine
there were cat faeces on the walls
venetian blind blades had a layer of dust on them half a cm thick
kitchen drawers were partially open and completely filled with cobwebs
stove had rotting food on it
benchtop had 4 bottles of expired off milk open

Was listed at 180k, tried to buy it for 165k no go, ended up selling to some DIY warrior dreamer for 205k after a bidding war between two of them.

Another place I did buy was a villa in St Marys that had the tenants do a runner and owner could not afford to fix it... where opening the front door resulted in a sheet of cockroaches jumping off trying to get outside to escape the interior....

Went through one Recently.
Renter was a Bird crazy, I kid you not when I say Birds in Every room of the house.
Had this nasty Brown once white shag pile carpet throughout covered in bird crap.
Actually felt for the agent, property was priced lowish so lots of parties through, none lasted more than a few minutes before leaving :)

There is no record of a transfer of title since the title was registered in 1948. We paid out a mortgage against the property of just under 90% of its purchase price.

Congratulations RPI
OMG, this got my attention.
Where is it, if you don't mind sharing

I have renovated ones in the past that were dirty and the carpet urine soaked from animals. This place is something else.

As a Professional Furniture Removalist for 25 years,the state of some homes astounded me,moving homes dressed in crime scene garb with respirators certainly drew some neighborhood attention most times.99% of the time they were all animal related.

Went to one open home where I went to take off my shoes at the front door but my other half stopped me....good call!
There was a cake on the kitchen bench with bites out the side of it like a rat had been eating it. There were numerous fish tanks that were black, full of slime & moss which had things moving around in them. One was conveniently placed next to the kitchen sink, another one on the bathroom vanity. In the shower cubicle next to a big lump of bush rock there were crusty undies with skid marks. Toilet lid was open & unflushed. Outside there were chickens all over the backyard & associated mess. Putrid doggy lounges dotted the backyard. There was a literal volcano of cigarette butts in an ashtray. Garage had temporary walls tacked up & was chockers with overflowing boxes of junk. Felt for the agent, he was so embarrassed.
Another house we looked at had brick internal walls. Couldn't work out why the flecks in the bricks were more prominent near the kitchen benches & the dining table, closer inspection showed they weren't flecks but hundreds of cockroach eggs stuck to the bricks!

Back