The need for advisers FYI

W

WebBoard

This came from ninemsn this morning,

What the pilot fails to realise is that Mr Fox became one of the nations greatest industrialist through the use of his team of advisers.

I wonder if the pilot scrimps on his professional fees?

Ansett Pilots Association president Henry Otto said he wondered whether millionaire businessmen Solomon Lew and Lindsay Fox really knew what they were buying when they entered negotiations to purchase Ansett last September through their consortium, Tesna.

"It just seemed an incredible thing to me ... for Mr Fox to say that it (the withdrawal of the purchase) was based on professional advice, that he no longer wished to proceed with the purchase of Ansett," he told ABC radio in Melbourne.

"We're talking about one of the major industrialists in this country - for him to now seek advice as to his business plans, I just find that a little difficult to reconcile."
_________

Thats why Mr. Pilot - you are still an employee

Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

On 3/4/02 10:45:00 AM, Rick Gibson wrote:
>
>"We're talking about one of
>the major industrialists in
>this country - for him to now
>seek advice as to his business
>plans, I just find that a
>little difficult to
>reconcile."

Rick, I think there may have been an emphasis on the word "now" in that quote.

There have been some high profile commentators who have stated from the very begining that they believed Ansett II would never get off the ground in anything closely resembling it's old form.

I think the suggestion in that article on ninemsn may have been more about why didn't his advisers tell him that it wasn't going to work before hand, or more the case, why didn't he listen ?

Despite that, I suspect that they never wanted the airline anyway... there has been much comment about the consortiums desire to cheaply acquire rights to terminals at Sydney airport (and other airports), which they could then sublease at premium rates... it was a property move more than an airline move.

So when they discovered that there would be no major discounts on the airport, they pulled the plug - there was never any money to be made in the airline anyway - especially with all it's existing baggage.

sim.gif

Last edited:
Reply: 1.1

>So when they discovered that there would be no
>major discounts on the airport, they pulled
>the plug - there was never any money to be made
> in the airline anyway - especially with all it's
>existing baggage.

They kept all the baggage!?

Reply: 1.1.1

Have you ever flown into Sydney International Airport ? It is one of the worst airports I've ever been in for baggage handling !

And I'm sure there's lots of money to be made in "lost" baggage.

sim.gif

Last edited:
Reply: 1.1.2

It was always a property deal wasn't it.

The aim was to steal the airline and then onsell it to someone else leaving them with a cheap or even free airport leases.

A bit like a subdivision

Would have been nice if it come off for them

Rick

Back