The Off Topic Thread #2

After a very very tight 6 weeks or so (paid plan deposit, 4 new tyres and actually managed to scrape together a house deposit too and still managed to eat) we now have our land AND the first house deposit paid for :D

Next step is to pay off the bills we put forward to get all this money together. But much much smaller sums than the almost $4000 we pulled out of thin air this last month and a bit.

Oh its going to be nice to go to the supermarket and not be digging through the discount bins and looking for the specials stickers ...

What the hell are we supposed to do with our spare money now we've just paid for a block of land cash, renovated two houses mostly cash and are just slobbing around waiting for someone to do all the work for us on a new house?

I know! Some new furniture when the house is built! :D:D (in cash of course)

GREAT stuff Relfy and Mr Relfy and little Relfs!!!!

One hell of an achievement, to strains of she did it heeeeer waaaaay!

(So sorry to hear sad news on Grandma).

Has anyone ever bought something small from scotland, which was sent by air?

Cos i'm wondering how long the average delivery time was to air freight from Scotland to Australia.

I would guess you would get it within the week. We have bought from all over the world and I think it would be on the next plane, so not long.

Has anyone ever bought something small from scotland, which was sent by air?

Cos i'm wondering how long the average delivery time was to air freight from Scotland to Australia.

Not Scotland, per se, but I've had a few items delivered from London in an average of about eight days. Belgium and Holland were both about four, from memory.

No, but I just bought something small from the UK and it hasn't even been posted yet. Damn ebay.

I bought something big from the UK once and they sent it surface mail because the postage was just SO much cheaper. It took 3 months to get to me!

I had a custom dress for my year 12 formal, took 3 weeks in total to be made and sent :)

But the amount of things i've bought off Ebay usually take a week or so, i love Ebay! :D

I've bought roller skates from the US on ebay. It takes a fair amount of time, but they are much cheaper over there.

I dropped my pram on my foot this morning. It is all swollen and bruised and painful. Going to see if it gets better in the next couple of days, otherwise I might have to go to the Dr's and check if I have broken anything - although I can still walk, so odds are I haven't.

LOL. I just had a look and now my 2yr old DS (who was sitting with me) is asking if he can have one. :rolleyes:

Your boy is obviously ready to become a man.

It's definitely time to order one, or visit specialty outlets such as kmart, bigw and target. There was a massive set that went for $10 iirc on ebay last week :eek: but it was in wa and pick up only :(

My offspring threw a music box on my foot a few weeks ago (hit me with one corner) and I couldn't walk for the best part of a day. It hurt far more than it should have. The other day I stubbed my toe and it went a spectacular shade of purple and then the bruise moved and my foot went blue and my toe went back to pink, but I could still walk fine. It just looked gruesome.

Saw my oma today. She can't talk, walk, go to the toilet, eat or drink. We got a slight flicker of recognition out of her but that's it. She hasn't had anything to eat or drink to speak of since Wednesday - no IV or feeding tube either. Needless to say, she doesn't look good. It is all very upsetting. My daughter took quite some convincing that she was, in fact, walking and talking just fine until Wednesday and it really has all happened in only 3 days.

The next fun part for my parents is cleaning out the house and putting it on the market ...

I went to a bathroom auction today and bought a new vanity for the long awaited bathroom reno in our house...given we have never done a bathroom reno we are pretty scared about the whole thing! To tile or get a tiler..that is the question...
Thank god we have a second bathroom!!

To tile or get a tiler..that is the question...

Definately get a tiler, unless you've done a few tiling jobs already.

People spend a heap on a bathroom, then ruin the entire finish with a less than perfect tile job, to save a few pennies.

A kitchen or laundry perhaps, but not a bathroom with a larger tiled area.

Back