The Off Topic Thread

It is amazing how much playschool has changed and yet also managed to stay the same over the years. You gotta love the cardboard mobile phones and gps they now use.

coming down off the chocolate high - now i just feel sick and really tired

still feeling off this morning, so don't suspect it was the chocolate. hoping it's the tummy bug that's going around and nothing more - ahem - "serious" at my age :eek:

I had Inaya Day - Nasty Girl playing, and there was a pretty girl with a short skirt and tall boots walking towards me, and every step was perfectly in time with the beat.
She kept on walking past me, there was no strip tease finale or anything like that :mad:

On track, keep it up!

FWIW, after my move to Brisbane I have fallen off my gym routine. Fitness First up here are few and far between with only one Platinum club all the way out at the Gold Coast! :eek:

Sourcing a more reliable local gym. Any recommendations?

Cheers,
Michael

Also looking for a reliable gym in Melbourne.

Joined a gym a fortnight ago, on the 3rd visit the foot plate on the leg press
let go and guillotined off my finger above the top knuckle.:eek:

Not great for massaging.

Cheers

Pete

All these people talking about gyms and loosing weight! I am trying NOT to think about that! I have to loose 25kg now that I have had my baby :( - and I gotta do it before my maternity leave ends in April, I work for Weight Watchers ;)

So can we get back OFF topic ;)

Turk - I hope you are getting a good pay out for that finger!

Also looking for a reliable gym in Melbourne.

Joined a gym a fortnight ago, on the 3rd visit the foot plate on the leg press
let go and guillotined off my finger above the top knuckle.:eek:

Not great for massaging.

Cheers

Pete

Trying to picture how that could happen? Why were your fingers on the foot plate column?

I'm just sitting here procrastinating.

I've got to ring up & order 3 tonne of sand for tomorrow's paving duties. Not really looking forward to it.

Trying to picture how that could happen? Why were your fingers on the foot plate column?
Yeah, me too...

I figure he'd just finished his last rep and was returning the loaded machine to the rest position and was twisting the supporting arm into place when the lug failed and the machine came down. Still can't visualise how that would have a finger in the line of fire...

Still, bugga! I too hope you're up for a good payout.

Cheers,
Michael

Yeah, me too...

I figure he'd just finished his last rep and was returning the loaded machine to the rest position and was twisting the supporting arm into place when the lug failed and the machine came down. Still can't visualise how that would have a finger in the line of fire...

Nah can't be Michael - if he was just finishing his set and still on the machine, it would have to crush his legs into his chest and head before it could get to the level needed where his fingers are. The injury to worry about would be a broken spine then, not a finger.

Nah can't be Michael - if he was just finishing his set and still on the machine, it would have to crush his legs into his chest and head before it could get to the level needed where his fingers are. The injury to worry about would be a broken spine then, not a finger.
Maybe he had finished and left the loaded machine on its peg and reached up to the peg below to grab it and lever himself out of the sitting position when the peg above gave way?...

Sounds complicated.

Cheers,
Michael

Maybe he had finished and left the loaded machine on its peg and reached up to the peg below to grab it and lever himself out of the sitting position when the peg above gave way?...

Sounds complicated.

Cheers,
Michael

Yeah that sounds possible. Ouch! Leg presses are always a pain, especially at 6:10 in the morning. :eek:

We're in danger of creating a 'topic' in this thread, but would like to hear what happened Turk?

Yeah, me too...

Still, bugga! I too hope you're up for a good payout.

Cheers,
Michael

Naw, happened at the start.

Plate was up in the rest position, loaded weights on, sat down and turned to the right to adjust the towel on the back of the seat.

At that stage the footplate dropped and caught my left hand, cutting off the top of the pinky.

To release the plate there is a handle each side of the seat that you push down at the same time so that your hand cannot be on the column as the plate is released.

The owner thought that whoever used the machine before me did not lock the plate fully:confused:

Possibly not much payout as I may only be of work for a few weeks and have
subbies helping me out, so not a lot of income lost.

Cheers

Pete

Naw, happened at the start.

Plate was up in the rest position, loaded weights on, sat down and turned to the right to adjust the towel on the back of the seat.

At that stage the footplate dropped and caught my left hand, cutting off the top of the pinky.

To release the plate there is a handle each side of the seat that you push down at the same time so that your hand cannot be on the column as the plate is released.

The owner thought that whoever used the machine before me did not lock the plate fully:confused:

Possibly not much payout as I may only be of work for a few weeks and have
subbies helping me out, so not a lot of income lost.

Cheers

Pete

Yikes Pete! But if I'm picturing it right, didn't the weight of the leg press come crushing down on you after it went through your finger?

Yikes Pete! But if I'm picturing it right, didn't the weight of the leg press come crushing down on you after it went through your finger?

Close, but luckily I was sitting with my legs to either side of the seat and there are collars around the plate and seat so the plate stopped just short of my legs.

But there was worse to follow, the ambulance stopped at a pub on the way to hospital as they were out of crushed ice and they wouldn't let me have a
heart starter:p

Cheers

Pete

Back