The offer is in... waiting for a response.

I have been told that if it was written and signed, it gets presented, but I guess that might not be right.

Looks like I'll be signing a contract and sending it in tomorrow. :) One way or another this agent is going to present my offer to the vendor!

I don't know what the rules are, but here in Victoria when I was selling the agent insisted on presenting an offer to me in person, saying she had to, despite me knowing it was a low ball offer and she knew I'd refuse it. I don't know if it's true she HAD to show me it in person or she was just hoping I'd see it and reconsider. She wouldn't even tell me the amount over the phone! So she walked in the door, showed me, I smiled a sarcastic smile, said no and she left. What a waste of both our time, I was quite annoyed when I knew the answer was going to be no. :mad:

In NSW the REA must present all bonafide offers to the vendor, you can also request they provide proof that this has occured. If the REA or Vendor advises that they have had other offers you can demand written proof that these offers have been made.

Regards

Andrew

In NSW the REA must present all bonafide offers to the vendor, you can also request they provide proof that this has occured. If the REA or Vendor advises that they have had other offers you can demand written proof that these offers have been made. Regards Andrew

I'm not sure where you are getting this information from Andrew :confused: but the legislation surrounding offers is PROPERTY, STOCK AND BUSINESS AGENTS REGULATION 2003 - SCHEDULE 2
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_reg/psabar2003476/sch2.html
which clearly states:

3 Principal to be informed of an offer

(1) The agent must, unless the principal has instructed to the contrary in writing, inform the principal of all offers of purchase as soon as practicable after receiving the offer up until exchange of contracts has taken place.

(2) If the agent is not going to inform the principal of an offer, the agent must inform the person who made the offer that the offer will not be submitted to the principal.

(3) The agent may inform the principal of an offer orally or in writing and must identify the party by whom the offer is made. If the principal is informed orally, the agent must confirm the information in writing.

(4) This clause does not apply to bids made in the course of an auction.

and the only time you (as a purchaser) gets to be informed of other offers, is when you have paid an EOI deposit and is covered by:

5 Information to be given when expression of interest deposit paid

(1) When an agent issues a receipt for an expression of interest deposit made prior to exchange of contracts, the agent must inform the person who paid the deposit that the principal has no obligation to sell the property or the purchaser to buy the property and the deposit is refundable if a contract for the sale of the property is not entered into. The information must be provided in writing and may be provided on the receipt.

(2) The agent must promptly inform the principal when an expression of interest deposit has been paid.

(3) The agent must promptly inform the person who paid the deposit when the agent becomes aware of any subsequent offer to purchase the property received from any other person. The agent must also advise the person who paid the deposit that they have the right to make further offers up until exchange of contracts has taken place.

Back