The Ponds

I'd probably check myself into a mental health clinic if I was the OP. There are houses similar to what the OP wanted to build selling for $1m or close to it..

I'd probably check myself into a mental health clinic if I was the OP. There are houses similar to what the OP wanted to build selling for $1m or close to it..

Hahaha I was thinking the same.
Sometsofters really talked them out of a good deal on this one, could have actually been the last block too.

Areas around the Cudgegong Road station, which is the last on the NWRL are certainly developing.

Also there have been a number of DAs going in for new unit blocks along the stretch of Windsor Road near (opposite) the Mean Fiddler.

I wonder if The Ponds will be the equivalent of the kellyville repo suburb when interest rates last increased? I'm not a doom and gloomier but I can't see how million dollars vals will be sustainable being so far out from the city.

I wonder if The Ponds will be the equivalent of the kellyville repo suburb when interest rates last increased? I'm not a doom and gloomier but I can't see how million dollars vals will be sustainable being so far out from the city.

Why not? It is going to have its own train station by 2019, everything is new and masterplanned. I mean, 1 million dollars doesn't get you much these days in Sydney anyway. You are going to get a new/near-new 4 bedder with it.

Also The Ponds is considered as part of The Hills which means better demographic than other areas in Blacktown council. It is a big difference.

Hahaha I was thinking the same.
Sometsofters really talked them out of a good deal on this one, could have actually been the last block too.

I think that's whats so hard about these forums. Who knows, maybe someone that talked em out of it bought it...

Well problem is if back in 2011-2012 a house on a small land in the ponds going to cost me 600k, i'd rather buy in hornsby and carlingford, back in 2012 you can get an old 3 bedder in both areas for around 600k....

Even west ryde back than weren't that expensive when a unit is only around 400k...and look at them now......

Why not? It is going to have its own train station by 2019, everything is new and masterplanned. I mean, 1 million dollars doesn't get you much these days in Sydney anyway. You are going to get a new/near-new 4 bedder with it.

Also The Ponds is considered as part of The Hills which means better demographic than other areas in Blacktown council. It is a big difference.

Disclaimer : Do your DD before buying in the Ponds. It is situated within the Blacktown Council district.

Hey guys. Funny Coastal's dug this old post out. I'd even forgotten about it. But reading it again makes me remember all to well now ;-)

We actually drove by the Ponds 2 weeks ago and its looking like quite a nice area. The train line in 2019 will make a big difference although it will require a change in Chatswood.

The figures
620k would have got 480 sqm. Lets say $650k as these things always go over. Now the same block would prob be worth $850k. Putting it like that does hurt a bit ha ha.

What we did do was buy a house in Marayong 800m from the station for $435k. Reno'd it and put a GF on for $165k. So outlay was $600k. The house rents at $430pw, the GF at $370pw = $800pw.

The block now I'm not sure what its worth - say $650k. So not the kind of growth we may have had from the Ponds.

In terms of living there I'm glad we didn't go for that option. Its just too far and for us there's not much to do out that way. Another Kellyville as Beachgurl points out

Maybe would have been better off buying there as an Investment though. What do you reckon from the above figures? Am I a total failure and should i check myself into an asylum as EJ89 says (sob sob) :eek: ?

How about Quakers hill new side near Farnham shops. Still some houses under 800K but there's heavy competition to buy a house in that area now as its near Ponds. My friends live there and love the area and when I visited the place I liked the surroundings. His neighboring property got sold for 795K on a 550 Sqm land

Good access to Shops, parks, station and schools

800 k for a townhouse in the middle of woop woop is just hectic

How about Quakers hill new side near Farnham shops. Still some houses under 800K but there's heavy competition to buy a house in that area now as its near Ponds. My friends live there and love the area and when I visited the place I liked the surroundings. His neighboring property got sold for 795K on a 550 Sqm land

Good access to Shops, parks, station and schools

How did you go write2abdul. Did you end up buying?

Thanks for checking Mona. Yes I bought a 2 bed unit in Arnclifee. Close to CBD and my work place

QUOTE=monalisa;1300902]How did you go write2abdul. Did you end up buying?[/QUOTE]

Hey guys. Funny Coastal's dug this old post out. I'd even forgotten about it. But reading it again makes me remember all to well now ;-)

We actually drove by the Ponds 2 weeks ago and its looking like quite a nice area. The train line in 2019 will make a big difference although it will require a change in Chatswood.

The figures
620k would have got 480 sqm. Lets say $650k as these things always go over. Now the same block would prob be worth $850k. Putting it like that does hurt a bit ha ha.

What we did do was buy a house in Marayong 800m from the station for $435k. Reno'd it and put a GF on for $165k. So outlay was $600k. The house rents at $430pw, the GF at $370pw = $800pw.

The block now I'm not sure what its worth - say $650k. So not the kind of growth we may have had from the Ponds.

In terms of living there I'm glad we didn't go for that option. Its just too far and for us there's not much to do out that way. Another Kellyville as Beachgurl points out

Maybe would have been better off buying there as an Investment though. What do you reckon from the above figures? Am I a total failure and should i check myself into an asylum as EJ89 says (sob sob) :eek: ?

Haha no not a complete failure. You've achieved more than myself.

Back