The property clock for the sunshine coast

People often talk about the property clock when referring to whereabouts in a particular sub-market the cycle might be.

With that in mind, my question comes in two parts:

1. At what stage on the property clock do you think the sunshine coast residential market is now? and 2.) More specifically, at what stage on the clock do you think Nambour is?

Both questions relate specifically to houses only.

You will need to justify your answer...

I think steve keen said it was 7 pm......... No wait. That's just the show he was on tonight pushing his usual stuff. ;) my bad.

I don't know what time it would be on the clock but it would be the part where property is at the peak and just about ready to decline.

Thats based on fundamentals of value and yield.

I think it was the term 'investment clock' I was thinking of. Whatever123, I think thats the answer I was looking for, cheers.

Why worry about property clocks or investment clocks.

You can get good buys in any market or cycle. You just need to look hard and go in low.

I wouldn't wait for it to be a 'bear market' before I purchased my next property! I would love to purchase at least 4 deals I have my eyes on at the moment, but am still in a slinging match with my bank manager!!

Cheers,

F

Why worry about property clocks or investment clocks.

Have you ever had the investment clock explained to you? Granted, it is not as simple as it looks but it can prompt you out of your "property only" comfort zone and make you think a little more broadly. A brain: Use it or lose it!

Have you ever had the investment clock explained to you? Granted, it is not as simple as it looks but it can prompt you out of your "property only" comfort zone and make you think a little more broadly. A brain: Use it or lose it!

Ahh.. yes ...do use it!

Only would use 'clock' when selling, and since buy and hold, no reason to use it.

Granted that you could get better bargains at bottom of the market when buying, but I wouldn't wait for this to happen, just to buy at bottom!

What about potential losses and bargain buys due to circumstances outside of 'investment clocks'!

F

I think Sunshine Coast probably not in the same time as Melbourne. Melb and some parts of Syd seem to be the only ones that are yet medias all over the sensationalisations. Many places across Aust haven't had 20% pa. increases.

back to the question originally...

What part of Nambour? Eg... I have a client who bought there about 3 years ago for @350k, now selling for @400k+ but not as high as 415. He cant sell the place which I cant understand really
Then again, other parts - ocean views and on the beach probably are a bit more sought after

Do different houses have different clocks...

Last edited:
question

The question was actually just for an valuation uni assignment. One I am currently having little interest in at the moment.....totally procrastinating.....I guess I was being lazy....:)

Back