The Range Estate - Croydon Victoria (Land)

Hey,

I recently purchased land in the new land estate by Australand in Croydon. The old private golf course (ex-home of Arron Baddley).

Have not seen or heard much chatter about this land estate, I was thinking due to the lack of available land out this way it may have been brought up more.

Only 3 stages have been released with each are selling out quickly, I get the feeling with land starting from over 300K many first home buyers simply can not afford this land.

I plan to build there in sept 2010 (titles ready then) and either make it a PPOR or IP no.3 depending on stage 1 & 2 progress in terms of will it be a quality estate with decent homes or simply an other lego land. With the more expensive buy in and design/building regs from Australand I feel it will be a quality estate.

Anyone brought in here or know of anyone?

Cheers

The Range

Hi, we also bought land at croydon, stage 3. Which stage did you bought. We were there last week and there are a few constructions starting.

Keep in touch,

Nat

Hey,

I recently purchased land in the new land estate by Australand in Croydon. The old private golf course ... Anyone brought in here or know of anyone?

G'Day undercover and natmai

No, I haven't bought here but please encourage anyone to do so

I own a bomb site just up the road. The more quality development is built in this area, the better I like it!

This development has been a long time coming and will be a great thing for Croydon. The older Golf Course Estate closer to Lincoln Road has long enjoyed a prestigious reputation and prices to match. New, well built housing encourages more people to invest in what is really a very beautiful area

Well done and hope you both do well with your new purchases

Regards
Kristine

It can cost a lot of money to have land levelled and I've always found Croydon to be particularly hilly. Some builders won't even touch the area.

If you have found flat land above 600m2 in Croydon for around $300k that is flat you've done extremely well!

The older golf course estate in Croydon is one of Melbournes hidden gem suburbs. A bit like the area of main rd in Blackburn (towards laburnum).

Magnificent places...

G'Day undercover and natmai

No, I haven't bought here but please encourage anyone to do so

I own a bomb site just up the road. The more quality development is built in this area, the better I like it!

This development has been a long time coming and will be a great thing for Croydon. The older Golf Course Estate closer to Lincoln Road has long enjoyed a prestigious reputation and prices to match. New, well built housing encourages more people to invest in what is really a very beautiful area

Well done and hope you both do well with your new purchases

Regards
Kristine

Hey,

Yes fingers crossed the estate will be a sucess and hopefully in 5-10 years once all the houses and parklands are establised it will be a highly sought estate.

With the strict guidelines I think it will promote great value in the future.

My block has a slight slope (front to back) but will have a flat (fill) building envelope on it (part of contract conditions).

My lot is just over 600sqm (612) 18m x 34m so it was one of the larger ones of offer.

It would have been nice if they included a small section somewhere in the estate for business properties (small strip of shops etc....) not sure how the 500+ houses will make for traffic as there is only 2 roads in and out of the estate, both on a already bust dorset rd....

Hello everyone.

Hi,Everyone.happy to find this forum.I will also move in the range at croydon this Xmas.look forward to meeting with you soon.

Back