The Road

Has anyone seen this movie as yet?

I recently read Cormac McCarthy's book and whilst it was a good read I am finding it hard to understand why everyone is heaping so much praise on it.

The book had no start or end and wasn't even hardly punctuated. Double spaced print saw me read it in an evening.

But maybe this is the style of the Art of writing today?

Maybe global destruction is the current zeitgeist?

I will see the movie. Certainly wont be a feel good movie.

Has anyone else read this book? Am I pointing out that the Emperor is just in his undies or is it really worthy of it's Pulitzer?

Love to hear some opinions.

Yep have seen it. Watched it @ Sydney openair cinema not too long ago .

Movie was a bit slow, nothing too exciting happening but i gues thats the nature of the movie. At first I didnt really like it when after i watched it (i.e. low entertainment factor . but having thought about it more , about the plot and how it panned out, i think its actually quite a good (and sad) story.

Yep have seen it. Watched it @ Sydney openair cinema not too long ago .

Movie was a bit slow, nothing too exciting happening but i gues thats the nature of the movie. At first I didnt really like it when after i watched it (i.e. low entertainment factor . but having thought about it more , about the plot and how it panned out, i think its actually quite a good (and sad) story.

The book was like that too. It was probably the thinking I did afterwards that made it a better book than many.

Perhaps thats what the Pulitzer mob thought too.

Back