The secret to my success

I do have rules that I use that I will post in the near future , but I developed those by using the above. As this post shows , many people use different rules to get where they want , but if you read their stories ( Keith and Rixter are good examples ) they have taken ideas from others and used them in their own way to achieve what they wanted .

Cliff

Hi Seechange, does 3 months later count as the near future to post the rules that you use?

Knowing what your rules are from your post is not hard but uncertainty and curiosity is killing me :D

The "secret" that anyone who has achieved great success knows without a shadow of a doubt is to develop your mindset to be as resilient and sharp as a razor. Everything else stems from this foundation.

Its very simple. And there is no way around this.

Great amazing success in any field ='s having a sophisticated mindset first.

Leo

The "secret" that anyone who has achieved great success knows without a shadow of a doubt is to develop your mindset to be as resilient and sharp as a razor. Everything else stems from this foundation.

Leo

That's exactly right...

Mindset is the precursor to Success.

Success is 80% Correct Mindset x 20% Applied Strategy.

In other words, HOW you think is four times more important than how you PLAN to do it.

Unfortunately most people fail because have the 80/20 around the wrong way, and then when life's walls inevitably pop up along the investment journey, they splat instead of carrying on around them through to their destination.

They think their walls are an external force thrust upon them by someone/thing, instead of looking internally to make themselves better at what their doing.

Leo

Agree 100%. Its what i took out of all those property investor books i read years ago.

The most important asset a businessman has is their mind.

Great thread. Just read it all today while I was on holiday (aka my day job).

Some good laughs too.

My secret is just to copy my parents.

My dad doesn't purchase a property thinking of just one option with what he plans with the property. He plans three or four different scenarios.

The secret to any success really when you think about it is the ability to adapt. It is literally how we have evolved and succeeded as a species.

There are different ways of adapting in property. You need serviceability and equity. Sometimes you have to adapt to achieve those essential ingredients. Some work more hours, get a second job, build granny flats, renovate, refinance, sell and realise profits, use different lenders, etc....

Then there is the need to adapt to different markets. Buying when u need find the opportunities. And adapting to be able to do that. Adapting to be able to hold through the downturn etc...

I think you'll find the very best investors or the very best anything in life are those that are the best at adapting.

My advice is get a butt load of strategies under your belt so you can bring them out when needed.

Hi Seechange, does 3 months later count as the near future to post the rules that you use?

Knowing what your rules are from your post is not hard but uncertainty and curiosity is killing me :D

Sorry , Been busy and distracted . Life got in the way

Will do it at some stage , just not sure when .

Cliff

Starting with a PPOR already is also a huge difference to starting as a renter as well. Not referring to Cliff here, just generally that it's hard to say when we all "started"

The counter to that is, if there was one thing you can tell your 16 yo kid, would it be to start early?

Not just to start early, but to keep at it. There are some first time posters on the forums who are in their early 20s (which is great), but if you caught up with them when they're 30, they've given up.

I don't think it matters when you start as long as you keep going and learning and trying..... (better get back to it....:rolleyes:)

Gee Whiz, that took me three days to get through this thread, in between work and still nothing conclusive. If its a secret I doubt it will be revealed. What is it you are trying to say?

Gee Whiz, that took me three days to get through this thread, in between work and still nothing conclusive. If its a secret I doubt it will be revealed. What is it you are trying to say?

Dan P,

If you are looking for the 'secret' to success its very simple.

Read some Jim Rohn and Les brown material or watch some of their youtube clips.

The 'secret' is within the teachings.

Thats it.

Leo

It is nice to have the "SECRET" spelt out clearly in black and white (curiosity sucks) but not critical. This thread has a lot of great information, ideas, thoughts and so forth.

The fishing example given in this thread is particularly relevant. Plenty of people have generously given their secret, ideas and strategies. They have done everything short of doing the fishing for you/us :D

I'm not after the secret to improve my investing. I am curious to know futuramas secret.

The title of the story is The Secret to my success, and it doesn't deliver:mad:

Its a top thread, but whats the point. So many riddles.

Just tell us.

"The secret" as is alluded to is as simple as ABC

Awareness, Belief, Conduct

Awareness..........get some knowledge. People could do worse than read Jim Rohn, Les Brown and others as Leo has mentioned. Also have awareness of what success means for you. Is it financial, health, spiritual, family, contribution, etc?

Belief......If it is possible in other people's reality then have some internal faith and belief that it is also possible for you. Be a copy cat. Find a methodology that resonates with you and is within your time, financial and serviceability parameters and use as a template to create a strategy for your own success.

Conduct........Take action. Just start. Baby steps. Start small.........focus..grow strong.

Success to me is to be happy and on purpose. It doesn't (usually) happen overnight but it will happen.

Back