The secret to my success

Buy when the crowds are running away from the market and the sentiment for property is poor..bear market

sell/hold when the crowd buy in a bullish market?

damn it..i hate cryptic puzzles

There are some who like to 'give a taste of the cream on the cake' whilst telling people that the recipe is 'out there' if one spends enough time looking for it.

And there are others that have shared openly.

For myself I will always be indebted to Keithj for this post:

http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32265

I have adapted it to my own way of investing. But I probably have never got to where I am now if it hadn't been for his post.

Thanks again Keith.

Ride around Australia picking up opportunities as you go :D

IV- I agree that was a great post by Keithj and one of my Favourites also

And in the interests of sharing, let me share one basic formula for residential apartment investing in capital cities that is an absolute killer:

Time to invest is when
(a) apartment gross yields is greater than 6%
(b) vacancy rates are down near 1%
(c) city is experiencing population growth
(d) price of replacement value of new apartments(ie New apartments/OTP) is approaching 20% higher price than that of existing supply.

When this happens apartment prices surge within a few years.

I have only used this for capital cities, not small regional cities, but boy does it work. Unfortunately it does not come along often.

There are some who like to 'give a taste of the cream on the cake' whilst telling people that the recipe is 'out there' if one spends enough time looking for it.

And there are others that have shared openly.

For myself I will always be indebted to Keithj for this post:

http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32265

I have adapted it to my own way of investing. But I probably have never got to where I am now if it hadn't been for his post.

Thanks again Keith.

Keith is someone who I respect alot . I'd like to think I have shared openly in the vast majority , and as someone noted previously I'm not normally into cryptic posting . The only think I don't share openly is the location of places that I am looking to purchase at a particular time

Most of what everyone has posted are good ways to make money , but for many of the financially successful posters on the forum I think there is an underlying concept behind what they have done .

I have posted kudos to a couple of replies which indicate the poster knows what " the Secret " is .

Part of the point of this post is to make people think for themselves , rather than being spoon fed the answer . I think that is a critical factor if people are to become successful investors

Cliff

And in the interests of sharing, let me share one basic formula for residential apartment investing in capital cities that is an absolute killer:

Time to invest is when
(a) apartment gross yields is greater than 6%
(b) vacancy rates are down near 1%
(c) city is experiencing population growth
(d) price of replacement value of new apartments(ie New apartments/OTP) is approaching 20% higher price than that of existing supply.

When this happens apartment prices surge within a few years.

I have only used this for capital cities, not small regional cities, but boy does it work. Unfortunately it does not come along often.

Completely agree

I have posted kudos to a couple of replies which indicate the poster knows what " the Secret " is .

Can't work out how to see if a post has received kudos :mad:

Ok, I'll take a shot....

The secret is to buy in a market that is undervalued and has plenty of room to rise. Gentrification waiting to happen. A market that the doomers and gloomers are whinging about. Indicators of such a market are lots of investment by gvt, private, retail and commercial sectors.

For example where big chains such as Maccers and Bunnings opens shop, new/upgraded transport infrastructure, old homes being replaced by new etc etc

(kinda copied from Rixter, thanks to the man)

Putting hard work and determination aside, im going to say timing is the key ingredient to being successful. You want to be the one that can buy in the boom area before people are even talking about it - that way there is less competition to find that perfect deal. I think with experience and doing good due diligence finding those locations and timing it right can be done by anyone if they are willing to give it a go.

Everything you need to know is on rea.com

You are right.... its absolutely not complicated, there is no need to baffle investors with BS, better still lets make it simple, just follow threads by the SS investors who have actually successfully retired today.......there are a few around just search "who has retired", something like this should do the job.:)

Back