The secret to my success

The Wife (otherwise known as Nivia Pryor) I believe now lives a quieter life, though I can only comment on the property side of things as I haven't read anything about her since the early 2000's (when she was allied with and admired by other property "gurus" at the time including Steve McKnight) She certainly came across as a prolific networker and if you look hard enough you may find some interviews she did back then (on audio tape of course!). Much like Brenda who used to frequent this forum, she bought a lot of property, undertook a lot of renos and just got stuck in. Freestylers was a group that we attended with loads of enthusiasm back then, and really was more of a "personal face-to-face forum" though with far fewer people :D
Some crazy personalities in that group :);):D

"Fishing" is one of my fav quote that I learned from her..

The Wife (otherwise known as Nivia Pryor) I believe now lives a quieter life, though I can only comment on the property side of things as I haven't read anything about her since the early 2000's (when she was allied with and admired by other property "gurus" at the time including Steve McKnight) She certainly came across as a prolific networker and if you look hard enough you may find some interviews she did back then (on audio tape of course!). Much like Brenda who used to frequent this forum, she bought a lot of property, undertook a lot of renos and just got stuck in. Freestylers was a group that we attended with loads of enthusiasm back then, and really was more of a "personal face-to-face forum" though with far fewer people :D
Some crazy personalities in that group :);):D

I didn't know Steve McKnight had a Nivia connection . He who must not be named turned up to the first BBQ and spent an hour trying to convince me of the wisdom of his plans . Rick Otton came along to a few of the freestylers . I next met him at a 30 year school reunion ... damn it he's been in my year at school ... never recognized him .....

Some interesting characters.

Cliff

I am desperately seeking enlightenment but unfortunately dont have the inclination to read all the posts on this thread. Can someone inform me how to make mega-bucks in three (or less) easy steps? Better still, just offload all your spare dosh to yours truly...come on! its been a fantastic 12 months for the property market!

Grasshoper , if it is wisdom you seek , first , find you the source of wisdom .

Cliff

I didn't know Steve McKnight had a Nivia connection . He who must not be named turned up to the first BBQ and spent an hour trying to convince me of the wisdom of his plans . Rick Otton came along to a few of the freestylers . I next met him at a 30 year school reunion ... damn it he's been in my year at school ... never recognized him .....

Some interesting characters.

Cliff

Nivia was apparently on Steve's "Tales from the trenches" audio :confused:

I didn't know Steve McKnight had a Nivia connection .

Here's an old Steve McKnight website that refers to an interview with Nivia Pryor.

http://www.wealthtipsonline.com.au/innercircle/ebulletin12.html

Possibly coincidentally is that 'see change' (with comma) appears in one of McKnight's writings.

http://www.stevemcknight.com/home-more

See, change implies giving something up (literally - changing), yet all too often we want the result without paying the price to get it.

Cliff, can I assume that another few secrets to your success are:
1. Keeping your blinkers on and focussed on what YOU want and then getting it done
2. Focussing on your investments rather than rubbishing other people's portfolios (there are a few of those people around!)

Please confirm :D

Possibly coincidentally is that 'see change' (with comma) appears in one of McKnight's writings.

purely coincidence ;)

When I first joined I wanted to be Sea Change , but it was already taken so i went for See Change , which has come to probably mean more for me than if sea was available .

Do I want to see change in my life ? yes I want to see change in my life ....

Cliff

Cliff, can I assume that another few secrets to your success are:
1. Keeping your blinkers on and focused on what YOU want and then getting it done
2. Focussing on your investments rather than rubbishing other people's portfolios (there are a few of those people around!)

Please confirm :D

What I'm referring to as my secret is not a specific set of rules , rather more an underlying principle . I do have rules as I'm sure many of us have developed . Much of what people have posted in this thread are more what I'd call Rules .

It wasn't my original idea in starting this thread , but as so many people have posted what they consider to be the secret for their success , it might make this a more interesting thread if people continue to post what they personally consider to the " secret to my ( their ) success " .

At some stage i will post " my secret " as well as post my " rules " .

Cliff

The seeds of our destiny are nurtured by the roots of our past.

Grasshoper , if it is wisdom you seek , first , find you the source of wisdom .

Cliff

Ahh, yes! of course!.....snatch these pebbles from my hand, if you can snatch them then its time for you to leave, go to Thailand and get caught in a fatal sex act:D

Ahh, yes! of course!.....snatch these pebbles from my hand, if you can snatch them then its time for you to leave, go to Thailand and get caught in a fatal sex act:D

And I thought this was a family friendly forum ??..;) Datto , haven't you reformed ?

Cliff

The secret (for myself ) of buying the most profitable properties is to buy
when everyone including myself is very scare to buy,
on the property with development potential,
in the major capital city.

This thread reminds of the quote by someone-

There are two rules to success:

1. Never tell people everything you know

The secret is luck. :D

As this handy chart from the RBA shows, house prices in real terms pretty much doubled between 2001 and 2008. In nominal terms they'd have increased further.

sp-so-270308-graph1-small.gif

See Change, and many other investors, were at the right sort of age back in 2001 to have a sufficiently good income to invest in the early stages of a booming market. They were also beneficiaries of government policies to support housing, low interest rates, and the fact that the Australian economy has avoided recession for 23 years.

Given See Change's success, he's played the market well, and his calls have turned out to be right. So kudos there.

But I suspect that there isn't really a secret. Do your own research, don't panic and think for yourself. It's a bit like the Dragon Scroll in Kung Fu Panda. ;)

dragon,scroll,kung,fu,panda,po-16740163ad734d20b8df5cea4729009f_m.jpg

The secret is to be born rich.

My mate just flipped his $2m PPOR he got a year ago, for $4m. Went into CBD bought another building for $5m in cash.

Mr. Gu (often makes papers), just sold his $40m Footscray land for $60m. Bought 3 years ago.

See the common theme? You need to start with a lot of capital.

The secret is to be born rich.

My mate just flipped his $2m PPOR he got a year ago, for $4m. Went into CBD bought another building for $5m in cash.

Mr. Gu (often makes papers), just sold his $40m Footscray land for $60m. Bought 3 years ago.

See the common theme? You need to start with a lot of capital.

Being born with a silver spoon in your mouth may work for a couple generations but beyond that it breeds an 'entitlement mentality' or family squabbling that can result in wealth being dissipated.

Back