The secret to my success

So.. the secret is.. there is no secret, just do it?

Hi LW
This is the tip and I have mentioned it a few times now, search and follow strategies that the successful investors have implemented, by this I mean those who have retired from day jobs and investing full time as they have created income streams which is what everyone on this forum is trying to achieve. Don't reinvent the wheel, just jump on the gravy train.:)

Cheers
MTR:)

Hi LW
This is the tip and I have mentioned it a few times now, search and follow strategies that the successful investors have implemented, by this I mean those who have retired from day jobs and investing full time as they have created income streams which is what everyone on this forum is trying to achieve. Don't reinvent the wheel, just jump on the gravy train.:)

Cheers

I now firmly believe I have followed the right strategy, thanks to some ;)

Hi LW

Cheers

I would disagree with this - thankfully MTR knows me and will take this with a grain of salt.

I don't think people should follow blindly in the steps of successful people. That is where spruikers victims all fall apart. 'But he was doing it' 'i thought I could do it too' 'I didn't know what I was getting into' and 'I only followed some bits, why didn't it work!!'

Look at ALL the successful people and what their strategies are. Look at YOUR definition of success. WHICH one fits your CURRENT strategy (they may change over time), WHICH one fits your GOALS and WHICH one fits your MEANS

Educate yourself on HOW they strategy works. Do you have the means - financial and ability to carry it out? If you have the finances but not the ability (ie education/skills etc) to carry it out then consider employing someone to mentor you through the process or do some further learning before you dive in.

The secret to success is working out which one is right for you then following through

Hi WM, no offence taken..:)

My comments are simply to provide a guide/tip to fellow investors the rest is up to the individual, DD etc is without saying and always a must when looking at any strategy and I would have thought this is just common sense/logical. To go in blindly would be foolish and I would never recommend this to anyone.

For those who follow spruikers and have been burnt its a hard lesson to learn and I am sure heart ache.... not sure why this happens, but the obvious would possibly be not enough DD to start with.

There are investors on SS who have achieved financial freedom and there are various strategies on how they have achieved this, one shoe does not fit all and we all know this. My point is simply learn from those who have achieved their end goal the rest is up to you.

Cheers

Last edited:
Following on from Westminsters post, when following someones footsteps just remember it is "their way" you are following and it may not mean it should be "your way" of doing things. Everyone one is different - risk profile, temperament, capital, financial resources etc etc

Oscar

Following on from Westminsters post, when following someones footsteps just remember it is "their way" you are following and it may not mean it should be "your way" of doing things. Everyone one is different - risk profile, temperament, capital, financial resources etc etc

Oscar

Oscar
I agree with this totally, no point trying to get finance for $2M when the bank will only give you $500K.... bummer, its a no go, know your limitations and use a good broker they come in handy:)

Ok Getting back to See Changes' initial post - he is announcing he has three secrets. What he's really saying is he has a system / methodology he believes is reliable for his purpose, and it consists of three distinct parts. Armed with this system, he believes he can make solid decisions in just about any circumstance. Much like the blackjack player who knows never to split 4s, 5s or 10s....SC's system is the guiding beacon by which he must abide. And it works for him.
He gives clues as to the three elements :
1. The unique data source. Is it a subscription service such RP Data ? Is it freely available statistical data from government websites ? Or is some perverse data being observed / collected from SS itself ? We just gots to know. Keep guessing folks - he might give this part up under duress ?
2. Optical Input device. I'll guess this is some sort of you-beaut Optical Scanner used to organise masses of raw data from this unique data source. It helps him sort the wheat from the chaff to identify which regions / suburbs are ripe for an increase in property values. He has deduced parts of Logan to be one such example in times gone by, and has acted accordingly.
3. The proprietary software is his own concoction, and its not for sale.He's just saying he's an analytical type of guy, that has devised a system that meets his parameters and he has acted deliberately on its findings with solid success. No psycho-babble / mantras, no luck, he's just suggesting becoming systemised is all. Am I getting warm SC ?

That's a great book btw!!

I've had the audio tape in my car for a few years.

I do believe in the law of attraction, but what the book doesn't mention is the law of attraction is actually one of 14 laws.

One of the other laws being something like the law of get up off your *** and work really really hard.

I've had the audio tape in my car for a few years.

I do believe in the law of attraction, but what the book doesn't mention is the law of attraction is actually one of 14 laws.

One of the other laws being something like the law of get up off your *** and work really really hard.

That's interesting . They only every plugged the law of attraction as though it was some cosmic vacuum cleaner of good luck .

Cliff

Ok Getting back to See Changes' initial post - he is announcing he has three secrets. What he's really saying is he has a system / methodology he believes is reliable for his purpose, and it consists of three distinct parts. Armed with this system, he believes he can make solid decisions in just about any circumstance. Much like the blackjack player who knows never to split 4s, 5s or 10s....SC's system is the guiding beacon by which he must abide. And it works for him.
He gives clues as to the three elements :
1. The unique data source. Is it a subscription service such RP Data ? Is it freely available statistical data from government websites ? Or is some perverse data being observed / collected from SS itself ? We just gots to know. Keep guessing folks - he might give this part up under duress ?
2. Optical Input device. I'll guess this is some sort of you-beaut Optical Scanner used to organise masses of raw data from this unique data source. It helps him sort the wheat from the chaff to identify which regions / suburbs are ripe for an increase in property values. He has deduced parts of Logan to be one such example in times gone by, and has acted accordingly.
3. The proprietary software is his own concoction, and its not for sale.He's just saying he's an analytical type of guy, that has devised a system that meets his parameters and he has acted deliberately on its findings with solid success. No psycho-babble / mantras, no luck, he's just suggesting becoming systemised is all. Am I getting warm SC ?

:D

Just don't take out on contract on me when I tell you :eek:

Cliff

I wonder if See_Change is taking the same approach as the book Think and Grow Rich - continually refer to a secret which the reader needs to discover but never actually spell out what the secret is?

That way each reader can discover, or make up, their own secret. Either that or end up reading the book a lot of times trying to discover the secret.

I'll stake my 2 cents that this is what we'll see if/when See_Change does his big reveal.

E.

Back