The secret universal language.

Hi yall!

I recently [mutually] broke up with my girlfriend of 5 years as it just wasnt working out, weve been going seperate ways for a long time now and all the fun was gone, buy hey.. thats a whole nother story in itself.

I recently did some reading up on body language and its the best thing Ive ever done for myself!

Ive been really having fun with the ladies since Ive been single and dont think it would have been as possible without my new lease on life, there were quite a few unconscious things that were really constraining me on my every day dealings with people on all levels, just small body signals which I dont even know Im making and others subconsciously are turned off by them, ot not attracted to them should I say.

I also read that around 75% of our "attractiveness" is attributed to the secret language itself and can now say, it really seems to be true.

Im having loads of fun right now!:D

Anyhow, I just thought Id share my great experience with you all and hopefully I can help others in the process.

Anyone else ever studied this before?
what were your findings?

Hi yall!

I recently [mutually] broke up with my girlfriend of 5 years as it just wasnt working out, weve been going seperate ways for a long time now and all the fun was gone, buy hey.. thats a whole nother story in itself.

I recently did some reading up on body language and its the best thing Ive ever done for myself!

Ive been really having fun with the ladies since Ive been single and dont think it would have been as possible without my new lease on life, there were quite a few unconscious things that were really constraining me on my every day dealings with people on all levels, just small body signals which I dont even know Im making and others subconsciously are turned off by them, ot not attracted to them should I say.

I also read that around 75% of our "attractiveness" is attributed to the secret language itself and can now say, it really seems to be true.

Im having loads of fun right now!:D

Anyhow, I just thought Id share my great experience with you all and hopefully I can help others in the process.

Anyone else ever studied this before?
what were your findings?

I once read that communication is about 20% of what we say...
Have fun,
James

The first of the books that I am aware of in Australia about body language was written by Alan Pease- simply called "Body Language". I think it's from about the 70s, so the original may be a bit hard to find. I think there's been subsequent editions.

Interestingly enough- apparently the male used as a model for illustrations was Rick Otton- better known to some forumites as a "wrapper" of note, and also a forumite.

I have a reference to http://www.peaseinternational.com/ but my internet connection has been slowed down, so I'm not up to it yet.

Hiya,

I've made a habit of studying body language and interaction for a number of years. Putting that into practice, as W2W has suggested, does make a *massive* difference.

The first of the books that I am aware of in Australia about body language was written by Alan Pease- simply called "Body Language". I think it's from about the 70s, so the original may be a bit hard to find. I think there's been subsequent editions.

Pease's books are gold for anyone wanting to learn more about that sorta thing. The other way I've learned is by simply observing how people behave and react. If you pay attention, it tells you a lot and so refining that technique until the right results - whatever those might be - come consistently, isn't too hard.

Cheers

James.

PS - I by no means proclaim to be an expert at knowing how women think. That's just ridiculous :rolleyes:

Google "David DeAngelo" and check out http://www.doubleyourdating.com you have to sign up for his newsletter but the content is absolutely gold.

I find Alan Pease's content mostly petty drivel, the whole Body Language thing is way overstated I think.. There's a few nuggets in there but its been padded out beyond belief.

Compared to Alan Pease you'll find David DeAngelo's content is life changing stuff when it comes to interacting with women.

You could check the peer-to-peer networks for some of his video/text/audio content.. if you wanted a preview prior to purchase.

I just searched under "body language" from a search engine and came up with all I need to know on the subject.

I find it funny that people feel the need to ask "what was it you changed to pull heaps of chicks" thats the third or fourth time Ive jeard it in two days.

Its a personal question with lots of variables, not something you can just sum up in one sentence, do the reading yourself, it will benefit you greatly.

Sorry, what you're saying doesn't make sense.

I have never had trouble with women and i know nothing about body language. W2BW, can you give us one eg?

I got to envy you. nearly all the problems I have ever had stem from women.

I live with three at the moment and the elder two are impossible to understand. I suspect the 11 year old will be like that pretty soon too ...

It is really interesting (people, body language etc).

You might find this interesting:

http://www.wikihow.com/Communicate-with-Body-Language

Nursing, for me seemed to develop an already pretty strengthened intuition and body language interpretation that I possessed.

Especially aged care, some people may not be able to verbally express their pain, happiness, anxiety, hunger, etc....but body language is invaluable for conveying their emotion, children too, people that speak no english...quite a few of us also learnt sign language too; that is invaluable.

I am very in tune with reading people and their body language, also animals....that has been (I am sure) something that's in my personality and has strengthened and developed. Plus if people interest you, you seem to tend to want to learn all about them.

Desmond Morris's *A Field Guide to Human Behaviour: Manwatching* is a good read, as well as Allan Pease's...*Body Language* plus many many more..

Really happy for you WTBW that you are on a bit of the self discovery journey...and glad your into some fun.

Dating and body language I really can't comment on, I don't think I've ever met anyone *cold* as in...out at a public place so to speak, it's usually in my hobbies and passions in my life that I've struck up friendships and stuff goes on from there. My partner has very open, friendly body language....I love how he treats all people with respect and friendliness...there you go!:)

* At the end of the day body language is to be carefully considered in the grand scheme of life: there are some very good actors (read both sex's here please) that can convince people what they want to hear, sociopaths? is it them? can be very convincing with clever body language technique, what substitute is there for really getting to know a person, listen and genuinely want to be there, discover what they carry in their heart, and mind...communicate with them. As with anything, there are many layers.......

Last edited:
I just searched under "body language" from a search engine and came up with all I need to know on the subject.

I find it funny that people feel the need to ask "what was it you changed to pull heaps of chicks" thats the third or fourth time Ive jeard it in two days.

Its a personal question with lots of variables, not something you can just sum up in one sentence, do the reading yourself, it will benefit you greatly.

You brought it up, and now you're holding out!

Just a few examples of the sorts of things you changed to make the story more interesting?

You brought it up, and now you're holding out!

Just a few examples of the sorts of things you changed to make the story more interesting?

o.k o.k.. geeez youre a hard bunch here..:D

Well, a few things that I changed personally were as follows

1/ I used to always cross my arms when sitting with people, eating dinner, and even held my beer in social scenes across my heart, which I learned creates the impression of hiding and insecurity or defense which nobody likes, now, I never cross my arms, and have learned to simply lower them besides my waist, even with beer!:eek:
You have to do it kinda sexy though thats all, because its easy to look like a dork whilst doing this.. its a mastery! ;]
I even learned that holding your drink at the very bottom of the glass or bottle subliminly creates the effect of a larger you know what..:eek:

2/ Eye contact, again, needs to be done "sexy", bedroom eyes seem to work best, thats when you slightly lower your head and give that.. loving, or deep gaze..;) chicks seem to really like this.
Basically, I now go by the 70-30 rule of contact. 70 contact, 30 no contact, its not like a chore, I just got used to it.
there are also sure signs that a woman is interested in you just by where they are looking and in what order during conversation.
Look it up! ;]

3/ If you know someone is interested in you, [there are sure signs to look for that go back to primitive days] look them up! there are easy ways to seduce without being sus or looking sleazy like touch, this applies to yourself and the one your attracted to, always needs to be done slow and smoothly.
again, look it up! ;]

4/ first impressions last, walk proud, pretend that there is a beam around you and everyone is attracted to it, sounds corny but works for me, hold your shoulders back, pretent you head is suspended from a rope to the ceiling and you are light, while you walk slowly to ensure you dont look like life and problems and or stress is weighing you down, you need to look fresh and vibrant, positive.

Those are some of the things I have changed about my behaviour, as well as a strong, warm, smiling personality.

there are more and Im enjoying learning about them.

Here are my thoughts on some sure ways to a good result with a lady. Dip hands in hot soapy water and wash dishes. Lift dirty socks and drop in laundry basket. When physically approaching female, don't start where you want to finish. Shame after 13 years male still doesn't get it:p.

Lou.

Back