The Socceroos are pathetic, lazy, ball watchers.

Hi,

If you think back to NZ game, there were similar tackles made in that game. We were lucky that there was no red card then and that was only a friendly !

Not sure why this two footed tackle has entered the Aussie psyche but it is a huge risk of a red card.

Just have to go for broke in the next two games.

We lost the game before it started when Pim kept our 3 strikers on the bench and played Cahill as a lone stricker. What was that about??? Everton has done tht in the past only when there were no other options. Midfield was non existent after that.
Defence needs to be deeper next time too

i couldn't get over the over the top dives some of the players took (both sides), and then they get upset when they weren't awarded penalties - sheesh - harden up and just play the game.

germany played all over australian. at times i wondered if they had twice as many players on the field as the aussies as they were everywhere.

in defence there would be 2 aussies and the goal keeper blocking the 5-6 germans attaching, and in attack there would be 2 aussies for the 5-6 germans defending.

very sad to watch.

i expected them to be better than that and at least get a goal. they didn't even remotely look at scoring at any stage.

i did wonder if pim kept kewell on the bench because he knew it was a no-win game and didn't want to take the risk to "the groin".

We didnt get to the next stage 4 yrs ago by winning 3 matches in a row remember.. hard to watch when it feels like the team is flat footed at times not just outplayed by a better team. Greece's performance on Saturday night wasn't any better. I got Sth Africa in the work sweepstakes, at least that was a draw.

Last edited:
I am actually quite happy with the way we played, at least we created a couple of chances and should have got a penalty. Before the game i was thinking 5 or 6 nil and with no chance of scoring.

Ghana and Serbia were not very good, i give us more chance of getting through than i did before the start of the tournament. The Germany game was like Brazil last time, we could not win, it is the other two games that count.

I thought we were 25-1 chance to make it through now about 8-1, we can beat Ghana if Neil and Moore play to the whistle and don't stop to abuse the linesman and let the other team keep playing, especially when they were wrong and the assistant ref was right every time and it cost us the first goal.

It was the smacking and reality check we needed.!!

Cheers

BT

why Pim changed to a 4-4-2 formation for a game against Germany is beyond me.... perhaps he was experimenting with a more attacking strategy in a game we knew we probably wouldnt win - IE, he took a bit of a gamble.

You gotta admit, we came out firing in the first 6-7 mintues and looked like we might even score, before Podolski was set up for a cracking shot that even a brick wall wouldve buckled to.... heralding the one way traffic from there on.

Pim shouldve come back in the 2nd half with our regular 4-2-3-1 formation, dropping cahill back to CAM and putting Kennedy up front against the massive height of the german defenders (Lahm excluded).
I will admit though, that Nikita Rukystutstystyta (or whatever) was pretty impressive when he was subbed onto the game late in teh 2nd half.... i wouldve liked to see him play more of the 90 minutes!! Fast and skillful.

To be fair to the Aussies.... Germany played with a skill and aggression they have not shown for a VERY long time. Ozil is going to make mince meat of any weakness in a backline he comes up against... and Podolksi, Klose and Cacau all showed form that earns them the big bucks they are paid in the Budesliga.

If Germany keeps playing like they did against us, they are a contender for taking home the cup IMO.

I am actually quite happy with the way we played,...
BT

You can not be serious. You're not serious are you? Tell me you're not serious. No, you can't be...

At all the goals, you can see that there are at least 3 defenders that were ball watching..even my Under 12 school sides know to keep running in defence...

Very disappointing...

PS. You are kidding???

You can not be serious. You're not serious are you? Tell me you're not serious. No, you can't be...

At all the goals, you can see that there are at least 3 defenders that were ball watching..even my Under 12 school sides know to keep running in defence...

Very disappointing...

PS. You are kidding???

Sorry Andy,

I am serious but I had very low expectations!!

We have not played well for years, i was expecting 5 or 6 nil.

We actually created some chances which amazed me.

I think we can beat Ghana before both games i did not think we could.

Time will tell.

Cheers

Bt

Very disappointing...

PS. You are kidding???

I think that happens when you're outplayed.

Back