The Socceroos are pathetic, lazy, ball watchers.

That was THE WORST defense performance I have seen from an international side for a LOOONG time.

And the main culprits?? Neill and Moore...two of our INTERNATIONALS...what a load of crap. :mad:

Last edited:
The socceroos started of ok but germany really forced them into defensive tactics. it is a bit tough on Cahill. he should not have been sent off for that tackle.

Hi,

After we struggled to contain NZ at home I thought we were in trouble, we should have been able to demolish them.

I really don't think we will win a game :(

That was THE WORST defense performance I have seen from an international side for a LOOONG time.

And the main culprits?? Neill and Moore...two of our INTERNATIONALS...what a load of crap. :mad:

It wasnt solely the defence that was poor. The midfield allowed Germany too much space so our defence was under too much pressure.

Last edited:
my house was interestin

half german and half Australian.

Could Have been worse for the Socceroos, simply outplayed .......happens.

Learn from it and get on with it

ta
rolf

We were never going to get a result against Germany and neither will the other two...a win against Ghana and just a draw against Serbia will see the Socceroos through at least. The most disappointing outcome was Tim Cahill getting a red card...what a stupid tackle :mad:

We were never going to get a result against Germany and neither will the other two...a win against Ghana and just a draw against Serbia will see the Socceroos through at least. The most disappointing outcome was Tim Cahill getting a red card...what a stupid tackle :mad:

On that front I had the benefit of some German Commentary................even they suggested the rad was a lot sharp.

ta
rolf

Australia will need to win the next two games. If Ghana end the group stage with one win and one draw and Australia do too, Ghana will probably go through on superior goal difference.

Australia will need to win the next two games. If Ghana end the group stage with one win and one draw and Australia do too, Ghana will probably go through on superior goal difference.

True...but i'm assuming Germany will win each of their games, thus Ghana will end up with only 3 points. Ghana won't get a draw against Germany :)

Can't blame the ref for arthritic consistently maneuvered out of position defenders, porous mid field, and backfooted blunt attack with zero strategic set play.

It was dismal, but you also have to look at the team on the other side who made them look like amateurs.
And those guys generally play for all they can get, unlike teams like Italy or Argentina who score 1 and defend, and after the second rest for the next game.

The red my have been a bit sharp, but it was a noob challenge with hardly any chance of achieving anything. Cahill, and a few others can be "hacks" at times.

The next 2 teams may not be pushovers either, but at least a bit of a chance.

What's worse though is listening to some of the pathetic commentary by media people who speak like they've never seen a game of football before.

Back