The Video Westpac didnt want you to see. !!!

But those who borrowed money they could'nt repay were'nt greedy were they?
How bout those who blew their borrowed money on lifestyle?
And those who thought you can't lose in RE and the share market goes up forever?
And those who thought they found the holy grail systems that earns regardless of market conditions?
Those who filled in lo-docs with earning they never had?
Nope, the banks are the only greedy ones.
Well it may be funny and appeasing to the plebs, but nobody can really say that they don't know what banks do or how they operate. Not that hard to found out their history.
Interest rates have been kept artificially low for many years, money given away, and yet it makes no difference and their situation has'nt changed.
That's life, better get used to it...

Interest rates have been kept artificially low for many years, money given away, and yet it makes no difference and their situation has'nt changed..

Piston

Are you working for the banks now?

IMO our interest rates have unfairly been kept above those of comparable western economies and at the same time,
we get bugger all interest for our savings,
we get hit with bank fees from every direction and all this for to pay the excessive wages and bonuses of the fat cats.

And the current government sits back and watches them rip us off.
But they are not only absent on banking issues.
The petrol companies are doing exactly the same thing to us and the only thing we hear from the ACCC and the government is zzzzzzzzzzzz

Yes Bill, because the Howard Govt. was known for coming down hard on the banks and petrol companies, weren't they.... Uncomproimising warrior of the little guy, Ol' Johnny was.

Yes Bill, because the Howard Govt. was known for coming down hard on the banks and petrol companies, weren't they.... Uncomproimising warrior of the little guy, Ol' Johnny was.

Hi Mark,

Welcome back

Mate IMO they are asleep at the wheel, the only thing they do well is spend money we don't have and sign protocols which will hurt our pockets.

At least Ol Johnny wasn't going against his own party's beliefs when he didn't stop the corporate rippof.

In that period we were all sharing the wealth so to speak, today the wealth is going in 1 direction (banks, big corps, supermarket chains, petrol companies etc)

Today, everyone is out to get us including this government,
We were paying $5 per kilo of bananas until yesterday and we grow the bloody things here. You could buy them in London for half as much and they fly them from south America.....
Someone is making money and I'm sure it's not the farmers.....

Hi Mark,

Welcome back

Mate IMO they are asleep at the wheel, the only thing they do well is spend money we don't have and sign protocols which will hurt our pockets.

At least Ol Johnny wasn't going against his own party's beliefs when he didn't stop the corporate rippof.

In that period we were all sharing the wealth so to speak, today the wealth is going in 1 direction (banks, big corps, supermarket chains, petrol companies etc)

Today, everyone is out to get us including this government,
We were paying $5 per kilo of bananas until yesterday and we grow the bloody things here. You could buy them in London for half as much and they fly them from south America.....

Good points.

maybe we should tell our farmers to stop growing bananas, and we will fly them out of south america too ;)

Piston
Are you working for the banks now?
Nah definetly not m8.
I loath the banking system and believe they should be left to go broke.
And if they can't fail, regulated heavily not aided.
Only after they go broke should the gov even consider guaranteeing deposits.

I do get annoyed when people lose money, and at the same time feel many can only blame themselves so tuff luck.

The US has been holding rates down since the LTCM debacle, the RBA dropped them like an anchor.
The gov handed cash to everybody who has basically had 1-2 yrs to sort out their stuff.
How many have and how many have not?
Those who have not, then tuff luck imo.
How many sold the beaut cars, boats & nik-naks to pay off high interest loans?
Not many it seems.
So why should these greedy want it alls be bailed out either?
But they are the ones complaining most.
I'll just wait for the repo auction cause I'm a greedy capitalist more greedy than then all of them put together lol

looked like good business practice to me:

buy 10 raw materials
process to higher use
use profits from 5 to buy 10 more
keep profit from other 5 to fund lifestyle
don't be a martyr when it comes to government handouts (no medals awarded)
repeat

sounds a lot like property investing really.

sounds a lot like property investing really.

Lizzie

Actually I see it as being a lot different to running any other business

In my eyes they are provided with a licence to print money
and they have forgotten that when they enjoy such a proviledged position in our business community they also have a social responsibility.

Most of us would expect our government to be doing the same as Obama did the other day and to be putting pressure on the banks to limit their greed and to also start lending to businesses and developers and to do it at reasonable interest rates as well......

Hiya BV

Thats where the real issue is.................................

lending with moderate risk, that to businesses at rates less than 25 %

ta
rolf

Back