The walking dead

Coles is actually a pretty good recommendation Pete. I will now have to revise my zombie outbreak survival plan.

Good point too fresh investor. my membership expired last month though. :(

Supermarket Warehouse > everything else in existence. A modern site can support supplying over 100 stores or circa 700,000 people, and industrial sites are usually surrounded by high fences, barbwire etc.

But all these things are just human magnets anyway. Revert back to the country and eek out a quiet existence.

Costco. That would be the way to go. Packaged food and supplies. Security doors.

Didn't think of that! I've never actually visited Costco, but the design works.

Generally they're elevated off the ground with limited entry points. Makes it highly defensible. No worrying if they're going to break through a random weak point in the walls.

Big security door out front. Nice bottleneck.

I imagine they've got a lot of packaged food, but other useful tools as well.

Can you access the roof inside? "ALIVE INSIDE!!!"

I think we all really need to get a life. Let's face it, if it's Dawn of the Dead style, we're all screwed anyway. :)

I'll stay here thanks

528135_700b.jpg

For those who haven't watched it and start to...the show actually is not much about zombies, they just happen to be in the world.

Season 2 is a necessary evil to get the plot, but it's painful to watch - very boring, like a soapie.

The rest of the seasons are better though.

I haven't watched the new season - I prefer to wait until it's complete and watch the whole season over 2 weeks.

Watched Season 1 Episode 1 and it was all about shooting slow moving zombies (sitting ducks).

Does it get better

FWIW I only started watching Breaking Bad in Season 5 after giving up having watched the first 2-3 episodes. Season 5 was a good show, so I now have to go back and play catch-up

There is a UK show called Survivors about a flu I think it was. A few holed up in a supermarket warehouse but trouble is if you can't defend it against other humans you are in trouble.

No matter what happens the risk is if someone dies inside and it's one of those "we all have the virus" things then no matter where you are the threat pops up next to you lol.

The jail stuff in Walking Dead I also though they should each be sleeping in individual cells locked in at night in case someone turns during the night. Other people are your risk.

Learn to be a hermit probably. My family and I talk about plans. Sister is a paramedic, brother in law is Army. My role is the hustler/trader/pimp with heart of gold who can source all the things you need and broker the deals (Kinda like the Pope gang in Falling Skies)

I couldn't get into this show - the zombie threat just isn't believable.

There is this one character (I don't know her name) who I saw in one episode just walking around slicing all their heads off with a samurai sword.

Surely they could just (slowly) wipe out all the zombies? It's not like they are reproducing. Over time, all the zombies are gone and the world carries on like normal.

Seriously, just give everyone a freaking sword. Seems like the easiest way by far to wipe out all the zombies. It really wouldn't be that hard. Keep a guard at night and you are all good.

Learn to be a hermit probably. My family and I talk about plans. Sister is a paramedic, brother in law is Army. My role is the hustler/trader/pimp with heart of gold who can source all the things you need and broker the deals (Kinda like the Pope gang in Falling Skies)

We have horded food in our laundry. Problem is the food is basically haribo lollies and it is depleted daily :D We also have a bug out plan which involves paddling body boards across the Port Hacking into the national park. That's where the plan ends.

As you can see, we are dead serious preppers :p

Great show but my only gripe is the zombies are now officially a joke. I am pretty sure they could be killed with those small hair things your partner leaves all over the house.

Watching it for tips when the inevitable zombie plague hits

Don't need the tips. Play L4D2. Even better watch Zombie land (2009).

RULES

1. "Cardio"
2."Double tap"
3."Beware of bathrooms"
4."Seatbelts"
5."Cast iron skillet"
6."Travel light"
7."Get a kickass partner"
8."Bounty paper towels"
9."Bowling Ball"
10."Don't be a hero"
11."Limber up"
12."Ziploc bags"
13."Avoid strip clubs"
14."When in doubt, know your way out"
15."The buddy system"
16."Check the back seat"
17."Enjoy the little things"
18."Swiss army knife"
19."Clean socks"
20."Hygiene"
21."Always have backup"

Not in Australia I suspect. I live in a city and wouldn't even know where to find a sidearm or the ammunition other than places with well constructed armouries.

I have my grandfathers Jap sword he bought back from Ambon ready for the business.

Back