The Yes Vote for Scotland..

australia seems to be doing ok since gaining independence from UK.
most of other countries too. no reasons to suggest scotland would be different.

what's interesting is that whenever someone tries to get independence the whole world around them tries to make it harder for them and scare them with things like "oh but you'll have to reapply to EU" or do this or do that, instead of saying we recognise your decision and will work with you to make transition as painless as possible.

Yey, Georgia and Ukraine spring to mind.

The fact that England are doing their best to persuade the Scots to vote no speaks volumes to me. If Scotland were such a drain to them then they would let them go, no problem.

But as per usual the public are never shown exactly what is going on behind the scenes and will never vote with the knowledge they should have.

I think Russell Brand says it best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7VNQih51T0

The No vote looks like it has got the win by about a swing margin of +/-5% (55/45).

Not a bad thing in my opinion. Returns some stability, and happily for me the Aud/GBP bounced by about 3c.

In this case I just don't think that the 'yes' side had all of the answers they needed to have. i.e. - what will our currency be, will we be a member of the EU, etc etc etc. It was this uncertainty that cost them the vote, as the 'undecided' vote would always lean to the known stability, rather than the unknown risk.

In many ways though its still a big win for the Yes vote, as it shows nearly half the population are ready to split. They just need to iron out a few more kinks.

Right, that ones done, time to move on.

Blacky

hxXSMGT.png

Back