There goes the bubble...

When will the bubble burst

• 10:15am 24th of February next year.

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Never, it will keep going up, and up, and up...

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Last week :(

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • What property bubble?

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (see post)

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
Tonight in the chat room (where all important things are discussed) Mark confided to us all that he had a time machine, and had gone forward to when the Property Bubble would burst...

[23:18] <Mark> the property bubble is going to burst at approx. 10:15 on the morning of the 24th of February next year.

Disregarding the fact that he is obviously right on account of his time machine... ;)

What does everyone else think?

I thought we would take a poll....

asy :D

Property overall will continue overall to always go up with minor dips in regular cycles.

Key things that will affect the boom.

1) Two interest rate rises. We need two to take some heat out of the market.

2) Sharemarket stability. We need the stockmarket to turn to move some money out of property and again reduce the heat in the market.

3) FHOG. Would be great to have this removed as it artificially inflates prices at the bottom end of the market. However very variable on timing.

These are several key things that will affect the timing of a reduction in the boom.

Although February could be a good time as we should have hopefully had two interest rate rises by then. :----)

Cheers,

Sunstone.

My missus thinks it is a self fulfilling prophesy.

I guess as the media speculates more on it the question will change from if to when then it will happen.

Does it really matter??

As long as Property has been well purchased, well located, appropriately financed, achieving an adequate return and there is no desperation to sell...........

Whats the problem?

regards

Hi Jakk

I would agree with you on your statement, but only for those people that are investing only in buy and hold properties.

Others that trade or redevelope properties to earn a larger upfront income for things like purchasing buy and holds debt free and for living expenses will find it harder over the next few years as prices slack off a bit and the market stagnates.

But again, traders and developers are probably wanting a downturn in the market. As prices are so high and topping over the lip of property boom (if all the recent reports are to be believed), to be able to get back in and buy decently priced properties again with prospects of future quick gains.

Cheers
Rob

Back