There will be more renters

You just don't get it. You certainly are not reading or even bothering to try to understand.

It was NEVER easy.

I don't think I'll bother any more. And I have invested or owned through more than one "boom". It's the same each time.

And by the way, "getting into the property game" IS buying any kind of property. I wasn't suggesting your sister try to match Donald Trump :rolleyes:.

And you are never going to concede that your idea of "average" is simply not right, are you?

Why should a first home buyer even contemplate buying an "average" home?

My sister does not want in on the property game. They want to buy a home as shelter for their family. A place to maybe have the odd barbecue. Let the kids have a backyard. They are quite positive about everything because for them they are bombarded with positive media spin on an almost daily basis.

I on the other hand look at the situation and I find it alarming. As someone who likes property as an investment, it concerns me. Fine if you have money or bought early, not so fine if you did not? Where does future demand come from? How can capital prices rise if credit drys up? How can people pay their loans and stop a landslide if jobs are lost? Realistic questions based on fundamentals.

Then the exclamations from people who bought in YEARS AGO BEFORE THE LARGEST CREDIT BOOM IN HISTORY saying they had it just as tough. How they had to start off small.

Yet to them, tough was 2/3 times wage, while to the those starting out, they are looking at over 6x wages in most cases.

What is your definition of average? My definition of average is what they construct today. Those run of the mill, 200-220k homes you see in the display villages. Those ARE average homes now.

Mate - I understand you seem frustrated with the Australian market, but remember that you are dealing with a group of people who probably have a better than average understanding of how to buy property, manage their finances, and make money. Some of your points are valid, but at the same time it's quite rude to tar us all with the brush of "people who bought in YEARS AGO BEFORE THE LARGEST CREDIT BOOM IN HISTORY". I've bought property every year for the last several, including this year and last year, and using debt to do so.

How about we debate the actual points here? If we're just going to descend to name calling and emotional outbursts, I'm not going to bother responding again. How about going through my last response to you, for a start?

Back