thief snatches $125k in handbag

Some of the Truck auctions i go too ,some people have that sort of money down the front of their:) pants and more,but they always seem to have someone behind them at all times even in the lineup when paying at the end of the auctions,just depends on who you are and how street smart you are..willair..

Is that $125k in your pocket or are you just glad to see me.?

what on earth was she thinking about if she "forget" her handbag with that amount of money in it?

just left it in a shopping trolley outside a supermarket ... who can blame the thieves for taking a golden opportunity - not as if they mugged her or snatched it. probably gave them as big a fright when they opened it, as it did the woman who'd left it behind.

and why was it sitting in the trolley in the first place? - golden rule of handbags is not to put it in the trolley where it can just be picked up and removed.

probably why i don't own a handbag.

The judge should caution the "terrible thugs" who actually just picked up the left over bag...

Seriously, most people will pick up things if they saw a left over bag, if it has $125 K in it, most will never report it as being found.

Seriously, most people will pick up things if they saw a left over bag, if it has $125 K in it, most will never report it as being found.

I would hand it in to the police if I found it. Even if I had no conscience or morals I'd be too scared to keep it. I'd be thinking it belonged to a bikie group or the mafia and wondering what they'd do to me if they tracked me down! :eek:

I can understand the woman not putting it in the bank if she had lost all her money previously or came from a country where everything is corrupt or whatever, but what made her think carrying it around with her was safer than storing it somewhere, I have no idea!

I would hand it in to the police if I found it. Even if I had no conscience or morals I'd be too scared to keep it. I'd be thinking it belonged to a bikie group or the mafia and wondering what they'd do to me if they tracked me down! :eek:

I can understand the woman not putting it in the bank if she had lost all her money previously or came from a country where everything is corrupt or whatever, but what made her think carrying it around with her was safer than storing it somewhere, I have no idea!

Yeah Id think it was drug money too lol

The woman is just lucky that they found the money, she should be charged for being careless for carying so much money on her and leaving it behind.

I'd be too scared to keep it. I'd be thinking it belonged to a bikie group or the mafia and wondering what they'd do to me if they tracked me down! :eek:

Imagine what such a group would do if they found out that you got the police involved :eek::D

My first thought upon hearing the story yesterday was that she was going for an insurance play. Guess not, after all.

They would summon Whelan(s) the Wrecker(s) to pay you a succinct but purposeful visit :eek:

Haha, I'd have to run it down in disguise and run out again. I'd never go through a handbag if I found one anyhow, so I wouldn't know what was in it. So much for doing the right thing, now I'm too scared. :p

They were supposedly working... unles she was claiming idiot pension? :)

We had a high profile case here in Adelaide only last year, where a woman took a well known builder to the Supreme Court for compensation, due to unfair dismissal.

It turned out Centerlink did a check on her, only to find she was on Centerlink payments during the period she worked.

I'd never go through a handbag if I found one anyhow, so I wouldn't know what was in it.

We had something very similar happen only a week or so ago (although nowhere near that much money:D). Hubby found a bag on the road and picked it up. We had to go through it, at least to find out who it belonged to.
Found a plastic money bag (like the bank gives you) with at least $3000 in it.
Took it straight back down the road to knock on the door of the worried owner. He wasn't home, but screeched in the driveway soon after in great distress.
I couldn't have contemplated keeping it for a second. I don't care what the money was for, that's none of my business. Everyone has cash at times - and whether it's to buy illicit drugs or pay their bond, it's still their money.
I guess we could have taken it straight to the police, but it turned out the (very, very grateful) owner lived two minutes away.

Back