Thirroul, Austinmer, Wow!

university on wheels.........................

In my early days of my business I used to do 60 k plus a year.

I learnt a lot ( and still do) from the likes of Nancy Dornan, Tony Robbins, Brian Tracy, Jim Rohn, John Maxwell, Dennis Waitley and the many thousands of others who have provided food for the mind and soul on audio.

what some may consider a downside can often by made an upside

ta
rolf

That's a smart way of utilizing the time but ultimately even a well polished turd is still a turd. I genuinely cannot get my head around spending 15 hours a week just to get to and from work, even 10 is ridiculous to me. That's time that could be spent on so many better things

Does anyone have thoughts on which part of the Warilla is the better part of the suburb v areas to avoid?

The boat has sailed in the 2528 postcode. You will find it extremely difficult to find a good property that is not over priced.

Be careful of housing commission still present in various pockets of Lake Illawarra (western side) and anything backing on commercial/light industrial areas.

Hi Sanj,
To the city proper,
Weekdays you would be about right.
Weekends, take about a third off.
But there must be a reason why people are trading commute time for the lifestyle of the Illawarra. Plus ur only 4.5 hours to the snow!! Yew!:cool:
A lot of people take the train. Thirroul being the major station around here.
I have heard of people in WA Saying a 40 min commute to Perth is outrageous.
We would kill for that over here!
Lookin forward to seeing your fine city mid 2015!!

Haha yeah we are definitely spoilt over here, traffic is getting worse especially on a couple of major arterial routes but overall our commute times are decent.

Admittedly I'm spoilt though because even at the very worst of peak hour it takes me 12 minutes to get to the office door to door

Adz - hope you enjoy your trip here, get in touch with us perth weirdos closer to the date!

Last edited:
even at the very worst of peak hour it takes me 12 minutes to get to the office door to door

Yeah, that's just about ideal. Right now it takes me that when I walk.
The best way to live on the South Coast would be to work in the Gong or from home or ... not at all. Then it's just a road trip to Sydney to visit the family or whatever.

chiliblue: The boat has sailed in the 2528 postcode
Thanks for the info everyone but I do think the boat has sailed for the time-being. Especially for me and my tight budget. Doesn't fit my strategy for now (in other words, out of my league). But, like Sydney, there's probably some good renting around.

Adz: People go to the Goldy for the beaches but honestly, they have nothing on ours.
We're definately Feeling the heat of the Sydney market and as an owner, keep it coming!!!
Houses are going for around 10% above asking price!

Thanks for the home-grown insight Adz, would be great for those who already have something nice there. :)

Does anyone have thoughts on which part of the Warilla is the better part of the suburb v areas to avoid?

I have plenty of thoughts - the best way to make good decisions is you need to spend some time there driving down streets, checking it out to get a feel. The streets with high HC percentage and rough are pretty obvious.

Adz - hope you enjoy your trip here, get in touch with us perth weirdos closer to the date![/QUOTE]

Cheers Sanj, will do.:)

Hi Wattyl,
I spent my first 25 yrs of life in Thirroul and now reside in Woonona (2 suburbs south)
Awesome place to live/ grow up though a lot busier now.
The mountains meet the ocean at Stanwell Park and move slowly west as you head south, therefore, there is more land as you head south, hence supply grows and prices drop.
You can't go west from this area( northern suburbs like Thirroul and Austi)unless you're a mountain goat.
North( toward Sydney ) equals more expensive
South equals cheaper (some exceptions) too much to write here but more than happy to elaborate via P.M.
You will find though, a lot of people born and bred in the area have an elitist attitude and will talk down areas south so be careful what you read / hear as a lot of opinions are tainted with this attitude.
West Dapto at the moment is still stretching west, therefore supply keeps prices modest compared to the north but the rental yield is quite strong down there with the main or old area is seeing a lot of revamping and a change of demographic...and good old Bellambi, the butt of all northerners jokes, is thick with housing commission homes ( more so beachside ) but has seen massive gains because if you are from up north and want to stay in the area but can't compete with the cashed up city folk, you have no choice but to push south and its definately seeing a boost with a heap of older homes being renovated.
Prices have gone crazy up north due to the influx of Sydney siders selling up for a fortune and dumping a heap of cash down here with change leftover.
I do enjoy the lifestyle the city folk have brought with them( cafes , organic food and knitted jumpers for dogs etc :p)but not too keen on the beer prices that come with it..
People go to the Goldy for the beaches but honestly, they have nothing on ours.
We're definately Feeling the heat of the Sydney market and as an owner, keep it coming!!!:D
Houses are going for around 10% above asking price! This may be because of sneaky agents low balling the trusting public ( surely not!! )
Some say over heated and it can't continue but for now, it does

Whilst I agree that the beaches are prettier than the Goldy, I feel many choose the North Coast due to the warmer waters for their particular ocean based activities. Wearing a 10mm wetsuit for most of the year is not appealing to some.

Whilst I agree that the beaches are prettier than the Goldy, I feel many choose the North Coast due to the warmer waters for their particular ocean based activities. Wearing a 10mm wetsuit for most of the year is not appealing to some.

Haha! Harden up princess!! 3mm/4mm max in winter.. Boardies in summer
Water does get very cold when the currents push up from the south plus it does get pretty windy at times.
Being wedged under the mountain and next to the sea, we seem to escape the really high temps of summer compared to our neighbours(we do still get the odd 40c day though)
North coast is gorgeous and is where we like to holiday in the cooler months. Plus the fishing up your way is far superior!!!

Water does get very cold when the currents push up from the south plus it does get pretty windy at times.
Being wedged under the mountain and next to the sea, we seem to escape the really high temps of summer compared to our neighbours(we do still get the odd 40c day though)
North coast is gorgeous and is where we like to holiday in the cooler months. Plus the fishing up your way is far superior!!!

My 3/4 wetsuit is 5 yrs old now and nigh on useless due to several 20mm holes in very important locations :eek: time for a new one

Agree its worth heading north for winter solace if living down here but the cooler months are downright beautiful, beaches are deserted, waves spectactular, water pristine. And if you keep heading south Adz the fishing improves dramatically.

:)

Attachments

• IMG_3208.JPG
    IMG_3208.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 82
My 3/4 wetsuit is 5 yrs old now and nigh on useless due to several 20mm holes in very important locations :eek: time for a new one

Agree its worth heading north for winter solace if living down here but the cooler months are downright beautiful, beaches are deserted, waves spectactular, water pristine. And if you keep heading south Adz the fishing improves dramatically.

:)

True that, have had some unreal sessions between ulladulla and Narooma in my time.. I think the fishing is average around here as it is more heavily populated therefore heavily fished. South is where we head for holidays in summer!!
Oh yeah, about the waves, they're terrible down south mate, dont know what your talking about....
P.S. nice red

Taking my cup of cement as recommended! Offshore fishing here is pretty good all year round with different species being caught across the seasons. Your proximity to Sydney would be advantageous if your employment requires it. There are some lovely homes in your area.

True that, have had some unreal sessions between ulladulla and Narooma in my time.. I think the fishing is average around here as it is more heavily populated therefore heavily fished. South is where we head for holidays in summer!!
Oh yeah, about the waves, they're terrible down south mate, dont know what your talking about....
P.S. nice red

Thanks I didn't catch this red - donation from a buddy's last day out. I think I owe him some eggs.

Back