This a good book to read?

You can't be serious...Somersoft...hmmm...Jan Somers...see a correlation here :D

One of the best property investment books you'll ever buy!!!

It's a bit old now ... The message is still the same. She is the first IP author I read, and the figures in the book show the residential property market remains this same. I love her story by story book, and the cake recipe too

Buy the book it's worth the read

First IP book I ever read - and I continue to recommend it to clients looking to get into property investing.

A search for other books from Jan landed me on this forum over 5 years ago.

Cheers

Jamie

This is the women responsible for getting me hooked back in the late 80's or was it early 90's

Same here.....1992 I read her first book - Building Wealth through Residential Investment Property, after seeing her being interviewed on a morning TV show promoting her new book.

After reading, it inspired me to go out & buy my first property in 1993, the following year.

Did nothing the following 7 years due to lack of equity.

In 2000, leveraged against the equity and actively started building our portfolio.

Over the following decade basically purchased a property per year. Some years none, other years purchased two.

Today we have built a multi $million residential property portfolio spread across Australia.

Jan Somers and her book/s are the catylist to where we find our selves today.

Last edited:
Planning to buy 4 sets of books from Jan Somers, but some of them is published in 1990's. Are these still relevant to current market?

Or just need to buy the last book?
Thanks.

"More Wealth" is the updated version of the original "Building Wealth".

"Story by Story" is worth while.

These are the only two being promoted by the author and owner of this site.

Here is the history of the books.

"More Wealth" is the updated version of the original "Building Wealth".

"Story by Story" is worth while.

These are the only two being promoted by the author and owner of this site.

Here is the history of the books.

Thanks geoffw.

Ironically, I've been in this forum for a while, but haven't read her books yet.
Better buy now.

:)

For people who provide a forum such as this free of charge and free of advertising, their own advertising is extremely low key. You have to click on the Somersoft link below to get there.

They provide this as a way of giving back something which has helped them tremendously. They have resisted attempts to sell the forum as a potentially quite lucrative advertising site.

Which one should I buy and read?

MORE WEALTH FROM RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY investment

OR

BUILDING WEALTH through property investment

These books are also available for free at your local libary (its on the gold coast one)
I hear what you are saying, however the size ones portfolio is in direct proportion to the size of ones own library. It easier to refer to the section in a book sitting at arms length in your book shelf than a shelf down in the local library.

I hear what you are saying, however the size ones portfolio is in direct proportion to the size of ones own library.

If so We should have retired by now :D
Well, I don't have that many books but I would love to! But I do have lots of investment related books. The plan is to have a home library wing at home one day! Let's see what life brings..

These books are also available for free at your local libary (its on the gold coast one)

These books are reference sources. You will have to go back to them now and again. So it is better to have your own collection.

Typically a book will cost below $30. That is less than what you pay for takeaway food or movie tickets for two.

Back