This storm in sydney atm is huge!

Yep,

Sitting in my office tower in St Leonards and it is ferocious. Thunder and lightening. I hope the front blows over before its time to head home...

And I also hope some of the deluge falls in the catchments.

Cheers,
Michael

Driving in North Brisbane this afternoon and had to pull the car over. Hail and horizontal winds, couldn't see because of the wall of rain at times. Only lasted 20 minutes though.

I was inside and didn't see a thing but I was speaking to a friend from North Sydney at 4:30 pm and she told me that the sky looked scary.

I checked the rain radar and the rain were extending from Warragamba and all the way to Gordon and was moving south.

I don't know how much rain fell at Warragamba but a friend of mine who lives South west said it was pouring down for half an hour and their water tanks are now full :)

Cheers

I was inside all day & didn't see or hear anything much. It did rain, but not for long & it wasn't heavy. However, my cat (who is very good at fore-telling when a storm is due) was creeping around with his belly touching the floor looking for somewhere to hide. This tells me there was quite a bit of noise, but too far away for it to affect me.:D

I love watching the storms roll across the sky but my mother closes all the curtains so she doesn't see it.

I think she is funny, and she thinks I am funny :D

Wylie

what are you guys doing on the computer during a lightning storm!!

was pretty spectacular in newcastle 2 days ago - saw one strike two streets away with a huge green glow exploding on the ground. being on a ridge we have a spectacular view ...

I love watching the storms roll across the sky but my mother closes all the curtains so she doesn't see it.

I think she is funny, and she thinks I am funny :D

Wylie

I hate the big storms from the SW

With the big (temporary) shed in the back yard, I have been known on occassion to put my head under a pillow crying "Please God make it stop".

I used to have visions of it takeing off and wipeing out a couple of houses, but it's been there 3 years and has had 60 knot's through it, so I think it's OK.

It is scary lining up the sides of the shed with a window frame in the house and seeing it flex up to a foot in the gust's though.

Dave

Attachments

• Copy of boat 006 (Medium).jpg
    Copy of boat 006 (Medium).jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 67
Back