Thoughts about building in Armadale, WA

It's been 2 years since I bought my first IP and my wife is pestering me to buy another. One idea we are toying with is to go with a house and land package in Armadale (WA) where the build price is around $300,000 and includes a furniture package. Location to transport etc seems ok and 4x2 rent for $320-$350. Agents say there is reasonable demand.

Sooo, what are your thoughts on Armadale as an IP spot?

I haven't worked out the investment holding costs yet...

My current strategy is to keep risks low. Minimise holding costs, don't worry about CG too much, only buy a small number, pay them off slowly (did I hear a gasp?), sell in 15 years or so. More like a forced savings plan?

Ed

It would depend on where in Armadale you were looking to build.
There are some low income areas where you may have problems.
Then there are estates on what used to be the old chook farms and these
are just like estates everywhere. You gets what you pay for. The new area of Armadale is just that alot of new houses, 4x2 double brick about 45 min from Perth depending on traffic

There is just the one train line, I would have a look at the bus maps for the area
The area is serviced by good roads easy access to major highways freeways etc.

I grew up in Kelmscott just down the road and it has been about 2 years since I last visited the area.

Kelmscott/Camillo - a 4x2 would go down really well from a rental and CG perspective. i've always tried to get a Dx block in Kelmscott with a 4x1 on the front, reno that into a 4x2 and build a 4x2 at the rear.

Armadale / Byford etc - don't. just don't.

What would you consider to be a good price in kelmscott - for a house with development potential?

I had wondered about subdevelopment as an option but a bit put off by the logistics having been through the building process before (although I could do it if I put my mind to it).

Kelmscott/Camillo - a 4x2 would go down really well from a rental and CG perspective. i've always tried to get a Dx block in Kelmscott with a 4x1 on the front, reno that into a 4x2 and build a 4x2 at the rear.

Armadale / Byford etc - don't. just don't.

Just brought in Armadale. Across from Minnawarra Park. Can you provide context for your opinion BC? ...just dont?

Back