Thoughts of Maribyrnong unit/apartment

I am looking for my first IP, price range would be sub $350k. I have a decent deposit & am looking at something that will essentially be cash flow neutral & relatively simple to manage.

I have been recently looking at units/apartments in Maribyrnong, predominantly around the Wests rd area. I'd prefer to stick to the West/North West.

Any thoughts or suggestions? :)

Why Maribyrong? It does not have a train station or a university. Yes it is a quiet suburb that is close to Ascot Vale but without the facilities. DOes Maribyrong at least have a tram line that goes directly to the city (i really don't know the answer to this). If the answer is yes, then it worth looking into, if the answer is no then you are much better off looking into other areas. I prefer Footscray to Maribyrong.

Hi,

The area is a great place!!

There is a tram that goes directly to the city, has a popular high school (Rosmand College) and only a moments walk to Highpoint shopping center.

Great area to buy in but I would stay away from 1 bedroom units!!!

Just thought I'd post this up, I found it fairly interesting that unit prices in Maribyrnong have declined over past 5 years - I'm guessing this has something to do with oversupply?

chart

Why Maribyrong? It does not have a train station or a university. Yes it is a quiet suburb that is close to Ascot Vale but without the facilities. DOes Maribyrong at least have a tram line that goes directly to the city (i really don't know the answer to this). If the answer is yes, then it worth looking into, if the answer is no then you are much better off looking into other areas. I prefer Footscray to Maribyrong.

One of the tram line terminates at Footscray station at the City end. The West Maribrynong line terminates at Flinders Street.

IMHO the best pocket is more towards the Monash St and Pridham Street bounded by Gordon and Rosamond.

Excellent close up city views but something to keep in mind that some areas are protected by heritage overlays!

It does provide value for money IMHO!

- Within 10kms to CBD.
- Transport (Tram + Train).
- Has a secondary college (ok not popular).
- Highpoint SC.
- Excellent views

Back