Thoughts of Washing Machine taps inside tub?

What are the negatives to having Washing Machine taps under the sink?

I had originally specified "separate tap sets for Washing Machine" with the thought of it being located above the washing machine, which I thought is what's normally done.

My builder put these all under the tub (piggy back on tub's pipes). The wall is now all plastered. I am concerned about leak damaging goods and cupboard (rust). What are your thoughts?

Taps shouldn't be more prone to leaking than any other tap with pipes behind the wall. I much prefer taps hidden under a laundry cupboard. Washing machine taps are ugly.

I think it is much better to have it all hidden. Most builders have them inside cabinetry these days. As long as you washing machine is hooked up correctly it won't leak.

It looks a lot neater that way.still works all the same. Should the builder be reimbursing some costs, less work for plumber and fittings. Only a few hundred.saving but better in your pocket if you've already paid

Like This...

laundry8thumb.jpg

Hey...imagine a drain in the cupboard also if anything here leaks :D

Thoughts on Washing mahine taps in tub

Most of my properties have this arrangement in the tubs. Much neater in my opinion. Just make sure the outlet hose as in the above picture is securely clamped with either a hose clamp or a cable tie.

Back