Thoughts on Derrimut / Deer Park (West Melbourne)

For the last couple of weeks I've been looking around the Derrimut and Deer Park area for an IP. Both areas are around 18km from the City. Derrimut is looking like an established suburb albeit fairly new. The southern area of Deep Park closest to the train station also looks good. For a budget of around 450k a 3/4 bedroom house less than 10 years old is more than achievable to buy.

Does anyone already own in that area? Anyone think these areas are potential growth spots? Should I look at spending my budget elsewhere?

Be good to know your thoughts.

Derrimut for me personally is quite a ugly area, very industrial and full of Sudanese who rent homes here, but in saying that you can get a very cheap property here which is only a hop skip jump to the city so I think long term wouldn't be a bad investment, know quite a few people who have invested here recently, but definitely wouldn't live here.

Derrimut for me personally is quite a ugly area, very industrial and full of Sudanese who rent homes here, but in saying that you can get a very cheap property here which is only a hop skip jump to the city so I think long term wouldn't be a bad investment, know quite a few people who have invested here recently, but definitely wouldn't live here.

Lol @ Ugly and full of sudanese - When was the last time did you visit Derrimut?

Some people here just make up sh#t as they go along.

See the demographics section below and make up your mind.

http://house.ksou.cn/profile.php?q=Derrimut,+VIC

I pass Derrimut from time to time, have a couple close friends who live here I even play golf at the driving range in Derrimut, So my opinions are not make belief and didn't pluck them from the sky and make sh#t as I go along...

Also note Derrimut is located directly adjacent to Boral's Tip... Which many locals complain about the ordure issues which come with this.

Opinions are like a**e holes... every one has one and everyone thinks everyone's else's stink...

Hi... Funny enough i live in deer park.

I would personally stay away from Derrimut. The area peaked in 2012 and honestly its become a dump.

As for Deer Park, the demographics in the area are changing for the better :).
Its only a short trip away from the city, the train and infrastructure is improving.

Vacancy rate is low and as long as your realistic, you will have no issue renting out the property.

If you need anything please fill free to private message me :)

Back