Thoughts on Diggers Rest (Vic)

Hi Guys,

I am pretty new to investment and looking at buying my first IP. what are your thoughts on buying a H&L package in Diggers Rest Vic? There is a train station there and watergardens SC is 15mins away by car. I looked at Aspire estate in Plumpton but it seems I've missed the boat there already.

Quite interested in established houses with decent block sizes in and around croydon,bayswater but I am struggling to get something in high 4s there and hence looking at north west. prefer a house over unit/apartment.

Cheers

Ummmm - no.

No local shops or schools, few jobs within 10km, train service half as frequent as werribee or craigieburn.

Long term there may be development but for some reason Sunbury is slower growing than other outer areas - many nimbys who want to keep their 'Aussie country town'.

Hi Guys,

I am pretty new to investment and looking at buying my first IP. what are your thoughts on buying a H&L package in Diggers Rest Vic? There is a train station there and watergardens SC is 15mins away by car. I looked at Aspire estate in Plumpton but it seems I've missed the boat there already.

Quite interested in established houses with decent block sizes in and around croydon,bayswater but I am struggling to get something in high 4s there and hence looking at north west. prefer a house over unit/apartment.

Cheers
you couldnt choose a worst area, on top of the fact its a HL package!!!

Im surprised how you manged to narrow it down to a HL package in this area :0

Wow! so H&L packages are a big NO? Can you please suggest some other areas I can do some research on?

assuming its for a pure investment, definitely go for estalbished homes, even units, and go for areas that are growing and have no/little surrounding vacant land

Back