Thoughts on Noosa - Anyone?

Economic Clock position and the underperformance of Noosa beachfront property for the last circa ten years maybe brewing a perfect storm in my opinion. Anyone follow that market closely? Kath loves Noosa and wants an apartment right on the beach in Hastings Street:eek::eek:

Economic Clock position and the underperformance of Noosa beachfront property for the last circa ten years maybe brewing a perfect storm in my opinion. Anyone follow that market closely? Kath loves Noosa and wants an apartment right on the beach in Hastings Street:eek::eek:

I haven't looked at it recently but Hastings St is traditionally the 'best' area, or where people want to be. Depends on budget really, there are probably some good buys back from that street possibly with views.

I know a guy who sold an apartment on Beachside Hastings st for $2m prior to GFC and bought it back for just over $1m two years ago, that's a sweet deal.

Also had a client buy in a suburb of Noosa, not prime by any means for $500k 12 months ago, valuer put a note saying it would have valued at $950k prior to GFC, they had it valued last week at $590k so good growth in 12 months.

I would love a beachside apartment myself!!

Last edited:
I know a guy who sold an apartment on Beachside Hastings st for $2m prior to GFC and bought it back for just over $1m two years ago, that's a sweet deal.

Also had a client buy in a suburb of Noosa, not prime buy any means for $500k 12 months ago, valuer put a note saying it would have valued at $950k prior to GFC, they had it valued last week at $590k so good growth in 12 months.

I would love a beachside apartment myself!!

Sounds like might have missed the bottom but is sounding like market is heading north. I was looking in the back of API mag and Noosa Heads had a minus 1.3 for ten years growth and a 22.7 for one year growth. From what you have said, the api stats and where we are sitting on the economic clock it could well be positioned for some quick capital growth.

Maybe this one will turn out to be as funny as your recent Sydney prediction lol

Just trying to chase some good CG. If it is a bit late to buy Sydney again then I'm just trying to check out other places.

My Sydney predictions have been spot on so far. Still 25 to 30% to go in my opinion which is looking very possible now. Have always predicted a doubling of the median house price by 2018 from the 2003/04 boom. Median only got to get to circa 1.3 or 1.4 million. :D

There is something like 21 houses waterfront,on Noosa Parade just back from weyba creek bridge most of those highend houses are sometimes only used for a few weeks a year the rest just let sit there,and if one does a quick title search and the sales date from the early 1970's up till last week
some everyone that were sold in the last five years have made serious money,very hard to match those numbers Australia wide another small market within a market,with a very high entry cost..imho..

Back