Thoughts on Springfield QLD

MY wife and I are currently looking for a new home and one area that has appealed is Springifield (Ipswich city council). Homes under ten years old generally on 650 - 1000m blocks and under 400k.

There is a highway to brisbane undergoing major upgrade at the moment and train line to brisbane city will have be there in 2015.

The problem is, no one i speak to except agents, have anthing good to say of the prospects of springfield. I fellow I work with who lives there says its going to become a ghetto and he is selling up soon.

Has anyone looked at springfield or can offer an opion of where it might be headed. any thoughts much appreciated.

MY wife and I are currently looking for a new home and one area that has appealed is Springifield (Ipswich city council). Homes under ten years old generally on 650 - 1000m blocks and under 400k.

There is a highway to brisbane undergoing major upgrade at the moment and train line to brisbane city will have be there in 2015.

The problem is, no one i speak to except agents, have anthing good to say of the prospects of springfield. I fellow I work with who lives there says its going to become a ghetto and he is selling up soon.

Has anyone looked at springfield or can offer an opion of where it might be headed. any thoughts much appreciated.

Gruntus, ... My wife and I were in Springfield/Springfield Lakes a couple of weeks ago visiting our properties at Redbank Plains and Goodna (our property manager is in Springfield and we live in NSW).

I like the area and I don't know where the comments that "it's going to become a ghetto" come from. I don't see that at all.

It is mainly newer homes in the area with positive infrastructure in place and more to come including the train line and station, .. also major freeway upgrades to make the run to Brisbane easier.

Is there any particular reason why the comments are being thrown around, ... the area commands a premium price over Redbank Plains and surrounding suburbs, so obviously something is working and obviously many people like living there.

Reading back what I've written isn't really much use to you, but I've only heard positive feedback. I like the area and believe it has a positive vibe about it, ..... but hey .. I live in NSW and anyplace would seem positive compared to this bankrupt state. ..... :p

Martin

PS ... If your workmate wants out so badly ... offer him a lowball offer, you just never know .... LOL!

Hi

I have a friend that lives there, she has a huge home, but the commute for her is getting her down, and it does feel out of the way for Brisbane. Even if all the homes a new and nice.

Springfield lies in the unfortunate position of being between the "ghetto like" areas of Inala/Darra/Redbank and Logan, although personally, I wouldn't say it's a bad suburb. It is somewhat out of the way "when it comes to the CBD" but I really have to wonder you how many times do Brisbanites actually go there? Yes, workers make the commute, but seriously, if you work in the CBD, perhaps you shouldn't be living in Springfield.

It has nice new houses, but tiny lots. It has a mix of owner occupiers and renters.

What will it be like in the future? Really depends on the rail. If it does happen (and all signs say yes), then the suburb will pick up, since:

Newish houses + more land release + rail + shopping center extension = prices going up. :D

Back