Thoughts on the market in central gold coast

Wondering on other peoples opinions on the older houses in the following areas - Labrador, Arundel, Ashmore, Molendinar, Biggera Waters, Southport, Runaway Bay.
They still seem to be reasonably good value.
Are all these suburbs much of a muchness and how would you rank them in terms of potential capital growth?

Wondering on other peoples opinions on the older houses in the following areas - Labrador, Arundel, Ashmore, Molendinar, Biggera Waters, Southport, Runaway Bay.
They still seem to be reasonably good value.
Are all these suburbs much of a muchness and how would you rank them in terms of potential capital growth?

Define good value. All I see is low yielding investments that are guaranteed to provide many years of tax deductions but not much more than that.

Are all these suburbs much of a muchness?

Only one that stands out is Molendinar, which has a lot of industial areas and from memory some commission housing. But then there are parts of Southport which could fall under the same description.

Last edited:
New infrastructure happening in the area - light rail and hospital. Anywhere close to that may get a boost.

Last edited:
Only one that stands out is Molendinar, which has a lot of industial areas and from memory some commission housing. But then there are parts of Southport which could fall under the same description.

Molendinar sits beside an industrial area but also the upmarket newer development of Crestwood heights. I think the developers even erected a huge fence to delineate between the two areas. Obviously they didn't want their squeeky clean area tarnished by the riff raff on the other side of the fence.

But, it is very central and carries, for the moment, the blight of having been a housing commission area as well. So, in that suburb anyway, I think there is room for growth as the area gradually rejuvenates itself.

May be though, that it will never outgrow its old image. :eek:

Molendinar sits beside an industrial area but also the upmarket newer development of Crestwood heights. I think the developers even erected a huge fence to delineate between the two areas. Obviously they didn't want their squeeky clean area tarnished by the riff raff on the other side of the fence.

But, it is very central and carries, for the moment, the blight of having been a housing commission area as well. So, in that suburb anyway, I think there is room for growth as the area gradually rejuvenates itself.

May be though, that it will never outgrow its old image. :eek:

Maybe you're right, like the old suburb of Stephens (now Varisty Lakes) which also used to have a lot of commission housing. I'm sure the name change and incorporation with a nicer area has done it wonders.

xcept for many areas by the river where an older home will fetch high 8s to 2 mill plus.

Ashmore, like Labrador, Runaway Bay and Biggera are very demographically diverse

ta
rolf

Back