Thoughts on this site for sale

That area is known for having very expensive foundations for houses. What would be the cost below ground level for a project like this?
I have been to the restaurant adjacent to this site on a few occasions. The area on the water here is not as nice as you may think. The site is at the end of a car park behind the supermarket.
PP :)

That area is known for having very expensive foundations for houses. What would be the cost below ground level for a project like this?
I have been to the restaurant adjacent to this site on a few occasions. The area on the water here is not as nice as you may think. The site is at the end of a car park behind the supermarket.
PP :)

Hi

Great post by Purple Patch, sounds like you know the area well.

Yes I agree with you that this site for sale is at the end of what is like a rear car park/laneway type look and is most certainly not as nice as what the pictures make it out to be. It even looks a little dangerous to access after hours when it is dark and has a really ugly front entrance. But having said all that, this rear car park area does get used quite a lot.

I also agree that the waterfront here is not as nice as what many may think, it would be fantastic if Melbourne water could do something about it by increasing the attractiveness of the waterfront by adding facilities such as jetties for boats to moor safely and dredge out the seabed to increase the water depth for safe boating for when visitors wish to come to the shopping centre or Harbour Plaza by water.

However I was not aware that foundations for houses are very expensive in this area. May I ask are you referring to a specific address that had very expensive foundations or just something you have heard?

Regards,

alicudi

Hi,
A work colleague, many moons ago, purchased a block of land to build a PPOR and was horrified to learn that it would require around $50k of foundation work before any building could commence. It has something to do with the whole area being a swamp once. He ended up selling the block and made a small loss. We lived in Mentone when that area was first developed and most people were horrified they were going to build on the wetlands (swamp)
I suppose it depends on what you want or require. We actually own a property in Darwin, that is on reclaimed land (swamp). We are very happy with this property although others have said it will be devastated when global warming make the ocean rise.
Cheers PP

Back