TICA List

Can tenants access the TICA list or whatever the list is that lists "bad tenants"?
If so, does the list also state why the tenant is a "bad tenant" ? Can only PMs (and REAs and Landlords/ladys) access it?

I'm currently renting privately and have been for a little while now. When this property was under a PM, I never missed a payment so I doubt I would be on it just wanting to make sure. Yet I am going to move out by August (yes my current lease expires then) and the # of private rentals on the Gold Coast are not that many (or I am not looking in the right places) compared to ones via PMs so I need to know if anything I have done has put me on a "bad tenants" list.

....then see if I can get the mark over-ruled somehow (is it possible?) if there is one (which there should not be in any case yet I'm just covering everything as such).

Thanks!

From the website

By contacting TICA on 190 222 0346 you have access to tenancy advice, dispute resolution, access to information that may be held on you and assistance in negotiating tenancy matters.

HOW TO ACCESS INFORMATION THAT TICA HOLDS

In Australia National Privacy Principle 6 in the Privacy Act 1988 provides that if an organisation holds personal information about an individual it must provide the individual with access subject to certain conditions. Australian tenants can inquire if they are listed on any of the TICA databases and can request this information from TICA.

So it stands to say (from what I read on the website) I can get any and all information TICA has of me if there is any information on me on the database.

So please delete this thread and/or lock it. I don't need further help I'll ring TICA.

A useful thread, GoldCoastGirl - I'll leave it there for others with the same problem. Thanks for posting it,

Regards,

Back