TIFU - My regrets as a 46-year-old, and advice to others at a crossroad

Why is it okay for SS to be used as a forum for (some) men to b!t@h and whine about women having affairs or taking, or wanting to take, all their money?

There has been several posts over the years in this site that went down that road from the Ladies side of things,and what was always the standout in my opinion was it was the people that use bleed and try to win arguments when they can use other people in any way they want,but they get super upset when someone uses them,is that what happened to you??..

I didn't marry a rich woman with big knockers, so I could play golf all day...

So why did you marry her then?

Just kidding. I married the girl I dated when I was at uni, and never regretted it for a second.

I tend to think that other peoples' regrets are a bit self-indulgent. Everyone has a few regrets (luckily mine are very minor), but people either learn from them or they don't. Those who learn don't dwell on them, those who don't are doomed to keep repeating the same mistakes anyway.

To quote Mallrats, "Hate to tell you what I do on the toilet"

The other day a FB friend put up a photo of her 1yr old son's first poo in the "big" toilet .....................arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh ............................ nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Blacky, you're not missing much at all. Reddit is a pretty misogynistic website with threads like this: http://www.reddit.com/r/PhilosophyOfRape

Reddit is a largely feminist website with subs like /r/TwoXChromosomes/ which has nearly 2 million subscribers. There's thousands of other red pill subs for women as well. How did you find the rape sub? Did you actively search for it to try and prove something? They only have 109 subscribers and it was set up last month. I'm more disturbed about subs like /r/spacedicks. I prefer eye bleach like /r/gonewild and /r/onoff.

PG, why do you always dwell on the negative. I don't know whether this guys post mentioned any of that stuff (I couldn't read past the first few paragraphs, wah wah aplenty), but relax already. I enjoy different perspectives, and I agree there are plenty of douches out there, but I don't need to constantly hear about them.

It's been pointed out by several people that PG likes to troll so don't take anything she says too seriously. If you look at her posts you'll see they're mostly about winding men up with the odd property related comment thrown in to legitimize her account.

Not one woman on SS has ever moaned about a man wiping her out, even though I'm sure it happens. Not one SS woman has ever given advice to other female posts to 'beware' of men and their devious ways. Not one woman on SS has started a thread about a man cheating. Not one woman on SS has started a thread posting from a feminist website.

That's because it's mostly women who take all the men's assets during divorce and cheat on them. It happens because men are the main income earner and have more assets than women. I've seen threads started by women about men ripping them off. There was one 3 weeks ago by Demoivre but GeoffW took the right action and removed it because it was obviously another anti-men thread. I also noticed you were the first one to jump on it and start spewing your anti-men venom :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reddit is a largely feminist website with subs like /r/TwoXChromosomes/ which has nearly 2 million subscribers.

Heh, you're kidding right? Largely feminist? We must visit different reddit.com's

The subreddit has 1.6m subscribers (20% less than 2m)

There was 174M unique visitors to reddit last month, so that's a pretty small percentage who are subscribed to that sub.

Can't dig out a statistic, but I'd wager that user base is 65-75% male.

There's thousands of other red pill subs for women as well. How did you find the rape sub? Did you actively search for it to try and prove something? They only have 109 subscribers and it was set up last month. I'm more disturbed about subs like /r/spacedicks. I prefer eye bleach like /r/gonewild and /r/onoff.

I think PG said earlier she was googling terms like "gaming" and "alphas" and came across these communities.

Reddit is a largely feminist website with subs like /r/TwoXChromosomes/ which has nearly 2 million subscribers. There's thousands of other red pill subs for women as well. How did you find the rape sub? Did you actively search for it to try and prove something?'

Reddit is a well know manosphere website. It isn't difficult to find hateful and misogynistic threads on Reddit. At one point, 'jailbait' was the second most common search on Reddit and a photo of a young girl was posted with a message that the poster had naked photos of the girl. He then received hundreds of messages asking for the naked photos of that young girl. Any decent man would find that behaviour repugnant and reprehensible. How would anyone feel if it were their daughter photographed?.

Other subreddits are: /r/niggers, /r/beatingwomen.

This is what Wikipedia says about Reddit:

Reddit's men's rights sub-forum was included in a list of twelve websites in the spring 2012 issue... of the Southern Poverty Law Center's Intelligence Report in a section called "Misogyny: The Sites". The dozen sites were described as "women-hating" and "thick with misogynistic attacks that can be astounding for the guttural hatred they express".[51]

More specific claims were made about /r/MensRights in particular, saying that it showed anger "toward any program designed to help women," and that the subreddit propagates conspiracy theories about feminism, using a moderator's statements as an example of this behavior.[52] Outlets such as The Huffington Post interpreted the report as saying the subreddit was a hate group.

Andersoon Cooper of CNN has spoken of Reddit's rampant misogynist threads

'...they're mostly about winding men up ...'

The troll are the ones who enter threads only to have a go at someone. If you are wound up, perhaps its uncomfortable to be face with the facts.

'That's because it's mostly women who take all the men's assets during divorce and cheat on them.'

Therein lies the rub. We're not living in the 18th century, as much as some men on SS would like to be. Women don't TAKE assets; they're entitled to them by law because BOTH contribute in a marriage. And if you think that your ex didn't contribute in some way to your marriage, then you really are living in the Dark Ages. It's not YOUR money to take with you.

'It happens because men are the main income earner and have more assets than women.'

Men are the main income earners because they are lucky enough to have a stay at home wife raising their children. That is HER contribution. The men wouldn't be able to go out and earn the money if they had to do the wife's job. No, the man doesn't have more assets than the wife; the assets are THEIRS. I didn't make that up, but they are the laws. If you don't like them, start writing to the government.

'I've seen threads started by women about men ripping them off. There was one 3 weeks ago by Demoivre but GeoffW took the right action and removed it because it was obviously another anti-men thread. '

Dempoivre is a MAN. That was not an anti-man thread at all, and Demoivre never meant it as such. Again, no anti-male thread has ever been started by any woman on SS, yet the anti-female whining by some men here is par for the course.

Nomadic, I'm sorry if you lost out in a divorce, but them's the breaks. Move on.

The last time I checked, this was a forum for men and WOMEN; nowhere does it state 'men only'. You wouldn't walk into a room where there were women and start going on about how 'they take your money', 'they're all the same' blah blah. And you're surprised a woman in the room has called you out?? Come on. If a woman walked into a room full of men and started whining like some of you do, you'd tell her to shut up, as you should be doing.

Come on. If a woman walked into a room full of men and started whining like some of you do, you'd tell her to shut up, as you should be doing.

Most men would just let her rant, knowing that every other bloke in the room was thinking the same as they were.

I've got an angry female friend who does exactly that. She worked herself up into a good lather at a social gathering once, so I offered to apologise on behalf of all men. She didn't see the funny side.

That's because it's mostly women who take all the men's assets during divorce and cheat on them. It happens because men are the main income earner and have more assets than women. I've seen threads started by women about men ripping them off. There was one 3 weeks ago by Demoivre but GeoffW took the right action and removed it because it was obviously another anti-men thread. I also noticed you were the first one to jump on it and start spewing your anti-men venom :rolleyes:

Well said nomadic, even I was a bit shocked at how bitter it was............. And I thought I was supposed to be the bitter one :eek:

She didn't think it was funny. It did highlight to her how silly her rant was, though.

What was her rant about?

I don't think mocking someone's anger highlights that their anger is silly. It's just a diversionary tactic.

I love the stereotype of "over-emotional women".

Tell that to the hooligans who riot over sports (who are predominantly male).

Those damn overly-emotional males just can't control their hormones!

What was her rant about?

I don't think mocking someone's anger highlights that their anger is silly. It's just a diversionary tactic.

I love the stereotype of "over-emotional women".

This woman has been blaming men for all her life's problems for as long as I can remember. I'm a believer in a personal responsibility rather than blaming. A little bit doesn't matter but when it's regular over a period of many years it becomes self indulgent BS.

I find it interesting, though, that you want to take a sample size of 1 and extrapolate to "over-emotional women". I'm going to suggest you're wrong.

This woman has been blaming men for all her life's problems for as long as I can remember. I'm a believer in a personal responsibility rather than blaming. A little bit doesn't matter but when it's regular over a period of many years it becomes self indulgent BS.

I find it interesting, though, that you want to take a sample size of 1 and extrapolate to "over-emotional women". I'm going to suggest you're wrong.

You don't think that a stereotype exists within society that women are more emotional / easier to be made upset? I've heard this referenced numerous times in my life, and again smirk when I hear it due to reasons mentioned above.

I too believe in personal responsibility, but also acknowledging privilege. I agree that blaming all of life's problems can become self indulgent B.S. But so can ignoring one's privileges.

Anyway, I'm now guilty of diverting the thread which I was trying not to do earlier. Not interested in slinging mud about men or women, we're all imperfect.

I'm out.

Why is it okay for SS to be used as a forum for (some) men to b!t@h and whine about women having affairs or taking, or wanting to take, all their money? Why is it okay for some male posters to tell men to 'beware' of devious women? Is it any surprise that a woman gets defensive upon reading that?

Not one woman on SS has ever moaned about a man wiping her out, even though I'm sure it happens. Not one SS woman has ever given advice to other female posts to 'beware' of men and their devious ways. Not one woman on SS has started a thread about a man cheating. Not one woman on SS has started a thread posting from a feminist website.
It's not OK for people to do it, I find it as annoying as you do. I'm always happy for you to call out people making those generalisations, because they're exactly that... it's unhelpful.

So why did you marry her then?

Just kidding. I married the girl I dated when I was at uni, and never regretted it for a second.

I tend to think that other peoples' regrets are a bit self-indulgent. Everyone has a few regrets (luckily mine are very minor), but people either learn from them or they don't. Those who learn don't dwell on them, those who don't are doomed to keep repeating the same mistakes anyway.

haha. The girl I was dating with big knockers and lots of money cheated on me. Next time I decided I wanted a girlfriend, I was pondering the various options and went for a good friend who was neither rich nor busty, but I figured was worth the chance. Married 3 years, together over a decade, couldn't be happier.

That's because it's mostly women who take all the men's assets during divorce and cheat on them. It happens because men are the main income earner and have more assets than women.
The men's assets? Interesting perspective, I thought marriage was a partnership? What you've written is garbage from a number of other perspectives also; I know a significant number of men who aren't the main breadwinners of their households. I also know that often the courts protect a female where she has sacrificed her job to raise the children, and therefore have no assets.

Yup. Morons will be morons, I'll never understand some people's behaviours.

Reddit is a well know manosphere website. It isn't difficult to find hateful and misogynistic threads on Reddit. At one point, 'jailbait' was the second most common search on Reddit and a photo of a young girl was posted with a message that the poster had naked photos of the girl. He then received hundreds of messages asking for the naked photos of that young girl. Any decent man would find that behaviour repugnant and reprehensible. How would anyone feel if it were their daughter photographed?.

Other subreddits are: /r/niggers, /r/beatingwomen.

This is what Wikipedia says about Reddit:

Reddit's men's rights sub-forum was included in a list of twelve websites in the spring 2012 issue... of the Southern Poverty Law Center's Intelligence Report in a section called "Misogyny: The Sites". The dozen sites were described as "women-hating" and "thick with misogynistic attacks that can be astounding for the guttural hatred they express".[51]

More specific claims were made about /r/MensRights in particular, saying that it showed anger "toward any program designed to help women," and that the subreddit propagates conspiracy theories about feminism, using a moderator's statements as an example of this behavior.[52] Outlets such as The Huffington Post interpreted the report as saying the subreddit was a hate group.

Andersoon Cooper of CNN has spoken of Reddit's rampant misogynist threads

'...they're mostly about winding men up ...'

The troll are the ones who enter threads only to have a go at someone. If you are wound up, perhaps its uncomfortable to be face with the facts.

'That's because it's mostly women who take all the men's assets during divorce and cheat on them.'

Therein lies the rub. We're not living in the 18th century, as much as some men on SS would like to be. Women don't TAKE assets; they're entitled to them by law because BOTH contribute in a marriage. And if you think that your ex didn't contribute in some way to your marriage, then you really are living in the Dark Ages. It's not YOUR money to take with you.
Dempoivre is a MAN. That was not an anti-man thread at all, and Demoivre never meant it as such. Again, no anti-male thread has ever been started by any woman on SS, yet the anti-female whining by some men here is par for the course.

Nomadic, I'm sorry if you lost out in a divorce, but them's the breaks. Move on.

The last time I checked, this was a forum for men and WOMEN; nowhere does it state 'men only'. You wouldn't walk into a room where there were women and start going on about how 'they take your money', 'they're all the same' blah blah. And you're surprised a woman in the room has called you out?? Come on. If a woman walked into a room full of men and started whining like some of you do, you'd tell her to shut up, as you should be doing.

TPHAplo.jpg

Anyway, I'm now guilty of diverting the thread which I was trying not to do earlier. Not interested in slinging mud about men or women, we're all imperfect.

I'm out.

With all due respect, you're the one who turned a comment about an individual behaving badly into an issue about stereotyping twice without any one else biting.

I think we all need to take a deep breath and remember that a single instance does not a trend make.

Back