Tiler Needed! Please Help

Hi Guys & Girls,

Can anyone please help me? I have a property in Rockingham WA and the bathroom in my IP is leaking badly and I need the whole bathroom retiled. Can anyone recommend a good tiler in the Rocko area.

Much appreciated and thanks in advance.

Prak

they are as rare as hens teeth. I understand they are looking for big and easy jobs and there is a 6 week wait for that. I scored one on a 3 week wait but that is for Yanchep... not much bargaining power there. It's "can you PLEASE come and do a tiling job" - don't mention money just pay whatever they charge ;)

The hunt continues... 5 tilers.. the fastest time that they can quote is 6 weeks from today and the job will probably start 3-4 weeks after that...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Prak

Hi Prakman, are there any houses being built near your property in Rockingham? Maybe you could do the rounds of the building sites and catch up with a tiler that may do the job out of hours as a cashy. Good luck.

Hi Winston,

To be honest, it is more cost effective for me to hire a tiler than spend the weekend doing it. My "off-time" is more valuable to me than $1000. Still on the hunt.. will let you know....

Prak, I know exactly what you mean and apply a similar algorithm to the value of my off time hours.

Though if I had an IP that was vacant (don't know if yours is) and I couldn't get a tiler for 6 weeks, doing it myself could save ~$3000. Though some weekends, I don't think even that would motivate me :)

I agree, time off is invaluable. Once it has been spent, you can never recoup it. My father who doesnt own any IP said to me once" remember son, you own the property and the property doesn't own you".

So time off with my wife is nore important to me than saving a couple of bucks.

Have a great day.

I'm doing the whole bathroom becuase the house is over 20 years old and the decor is looking 80ish. I want the house to look look good.

After much pain and no returned phone calls, I have finally found a company thats willing to do the job. Its in Port Kennedy (Marble & Slate Tile) and they are quoting me on the job this week and if the price is right, they'll start the job in 4-6 weeks.

If keep you posted on the price!

Happy hunting.

Back