Tiles and rooms

Hi all just about to re tile the house and i am stuck on something.

Do you or should you for re sale purpose tile the loo and bathroom in the same tiles so that it is all the same through the house ?? our bathroom and loo are directly off the hallway that will be re tiled so if the doors are open you will see into those rooms. Is it better to have it all the same tiles ??? thanks :)

Personally, I would do (and have done) the tiles in the bathroom & loo differently to the floor tiles everywhere else.

Also down the track you may reno the bathroom without trying to match the old floor tiles in the house (which may still be serviceable).

I have done similar to Propertunity, and tiled the living areas one colour, bathroom and toilets another (but them being the same colour).

I have a question???

I have a house with all floor boards and want to tile the bathroom/toilet/laundry, all doorways off the hallway, will this work or cause a problem later on???

We have done both approaches in different properties (renovations for clients) and both can look really good if the right tiles are selected that compliment each other and also work well with the look that you are trying to achieve.

Wishing you every success, Ana

I have done similar to Propertunity, and tiled the living areas one colour, bathroom and toilets another (but them being the same colour).
Ditto

I have a house with all floor boards and want to tile the bathroom/toilet/laundry, all doorways off the hallway, will this work or cause a problem later on???
Don't know why it would cause a problem later on. Just use heavy duty cement sheet properly screwed to the floor first. You can get a nice edging along the front where it meets the hallway. Yes, it will be slightly higher (depending on thickness of tiles) but i think it works fine.

Thanks miss Jade. I thought it should be ok, and it will be done properly, just wanted to get others viewpoints on it. Not that I have much other option, as the whole house can be opened up, so has lots of large double doors, and it the step was a problem, thats a lot of tiling to do ....ie the whole house pretty much.

Off to a tile shop again today, this time I will remember to take along the tiles I already have to do some colour matching.

Found out about a few other things with tiling that makes my job a lot easier, so one happy little camper. Now to just get inside the place to get the measurements.

Back