Tiling Trick. Pretty Nifty!

Educational and entertaining mate as always.

Could be useful one day if I ever need to drill a hole for tiles, but personally I much prefer tradies doing the work for me for my investment properties. I'm not much of a renovator myself, I admit.

I've drilled hundreds of tiles. the trick is just don't push hard and take your time. And take your drill off hammer action, especially with the masonry bit he's using. Its not rocket surgery.

Using masking tape on the tile in the drill zone also helps prevent damage; stops the tile surface from splitting, and holds the bit in place when you start off.

Thats good for starting off but doesnt solve the problem he is talking about in the video.

Using masking tape on the tile in the drill zone also helps prevent damage; stops the tile surface from splitting, and holds the bit in place when you start off.

i am yet to meet one. Seriously i had invited people to quote on plenty of smaller and bigger jobs and tilers never show up, every bloody time i end up loading up my wagon and putting on the knee pads and doing it myself.

i am yet to meet one. Seriously i had invited people to quote on plenty of smaller and bigger jobs and tilers never show up, every bloody time i end up loading up my wagon and putting on the knee pads and doing it myself.

Ha Ha - Ouch!

Yeah well you will find most tilers will be on meth, so punctuality isnt a concern for them. Those who do turn up usually on coke, trying to cut the adhesive powder into the mix!

pinkboy.....dont ask why I know this :rolleyes:

Back