Tiling

Hi Guys - Just wondering if anyone can give me an idea as to what is a fair price per square metre for tiling a kitchen and dining room floor

Thanks

Mick

Hi Mick

Depends a lot on what tiles you choose. I've seen prices from $6 p/m2 up to well over $100 p/m2.

Personally I would choose the tiles and then get a few quotes from tilers. I like my quotes on a p/m2 basis because if you do it on an hourly rate you're never too sure what you be up for when the jobs complete.

Cheers
Slingshot

Approaching tile outlets and asking for a tiler that they regard as professional would be a good start.

Keep in mined that tile shops are not going to recommend a tiler as such as that would puts them in the loop should anything go wrong.

In general tile shops will only refer trades people that have a track record of doing a good job, as it reflects on there business.

Three quotes would give a reasonable indication as to the cost and time duration of the work needing to be carried out.

Gerd

Thanks Gird and Slingshot

If anyone has a recommendation for a tiler in Brisbane it would be greatly appreciated. I will also ask the tiling outlet that we are buying the tiles from.

my tiler came recommended from the local tilemart store. he charged me an hourly rate and took over 4 days to complete less than 3 m2 project.
i was furious to say the least.

i ended up tiling the rest of my bathroom.

if you can get a recommendation from the forum that would be a bonus. i have found my electrician and plumber through here and have been very happy with both.

good luck :)

my tiler came recommended from the local tilemart store. he charged me an hourly rate and took over 4 days to complete less than 3 m2 project.
i was furious to say the least.

i ended up tiling the rest of my bathroom.

if you can get a recommendation from the forum that would be a bonus. i have found my electrician and plumber through here and have been very happy with both.

good luck :)

Hi artemis,

It's not easy to finde a good electrician or plumber first time by chance.

Would you mind to tell me the contact details of your electrician and plumber?

Thanks in advance.

Aulyna

Hi artemis,

It's not easy to finde a good electrician or plumber first time by chance.

Would you mind to tell me the contact details of your electrician and plumber?

Thanks in advance.

Aulyna
Somehow I don't think that the electrician and plumber are going to be interested in traveling to the ACT, unless off course you are wanting them in Melbourne.

Cheers

In my area

Hi there, in the area I invest, I work with a tiller that charges $15 per sqm. In regards to the tiles, I choose the tiles and normally go for the $20 per sqm, sometimes even cheaper depending if there is an offer, etc.
Tillers would charge a bit more if they have to do some sort of preparation (waterproofing floor, etc)

Happy Investing
Jon Salvador
www.headinghome.com.au
For investors … from investors

Being ripped off

I work with a tiller that charges $15 per sqm
At that rate even allowing for all materials supplied he is going out the back door.
As a rule of thumb a professional tiler can lay 10 sqm per day. Thats set out, lay tiles, grout & clean the sight.

Gerd

Gerd, $15 per sqm x 10 sqm =$150 bucks. 10 sqm equals to a full splash back on a kitchen, for $150 bucks, makes sense to me.

If you are in NSW an can do better than this, give me a call, I would be happy to give you all my gigs. :)

Happy Investing
Jon Salvador

Good luck Mick.

We need tiling done (southside Brisbane) in the middle of the year. About 65 sqm, lounge, dining, hallway.

In the end, after phoning at least 20+ tilers, we managed to get ONE to come and quote. The rest basically laughed and offered to quote in 3-6 months time, ring back next year etc. etc.

We thought the quote was a bit high, but in the end we went with them because we needed the job done at the time. They did a fantastic job with practically no wastage. In fact, we have enough tiles left over to do the kitchen one day if we want to.

If you can get 3 quotes to compare then you are doing well.
Marg

for an IP in melbourne

Somehow I don't think that the electrician and plumber are going to be interested in traveling to the ACT, unless off course you are wanting them in Melbourne.

Cheers

Hi handyandy,

Sorry, it's my bad didn't say clearly. The info I'm asking is for an ip in melbourne. :eek:

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Aulyna

Back