Timber Vinyl Floor vs Ceramic Tiles

All,

About to sign off on Pre-Start and builder has told us we should consider Timber Vinyl Flooring (Tongue in Groove) in lieu of Ceramic Tiles. There would be a slight credit to the contract for Timber laminate. We are holding for rentals...

Would love everyone's thoughts for investment properties...

Attached is Timber Vinyl product...

Cheers!

Attachments

• Timber Laminate Flooring Option 2.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 139
I'm putting in my Highbury development for the rentals, the product have come along way. Can get commercial grade with a 10 year warranty these days, even better they look pretty sharp.

Your attachment is a timber laminate catalogue but I have used vinyl planks many times for clients over the years (both commercial and residential grade). Brady is right; vinyl has come a long way in the last few years.

A 'higher end' look is definitely your vinyl plank as opposed to a sheet, so you're going in the right direction there.

You do really need to head to the higher quality ranges of vinyl though as the cheap ones look cheap. I've used Karndean a lot and always recommend them. There are other brands - just make sure they're in the same 'realm' as Karndean (http://www.karndean.com/en-au/floors?)

It really does depend on the property (style of house, location, value of property, target market etc) but as a general rule your vinyl will be a better, longer lasting option for a rental property (than laminate). It's also warmer than tiles and less likely to damage like tiles or laminate can - as long as its installed properly.

I hope that helps!

Back