Time!

G'day All,

I'm interested in other investors ideas on time management.

There is so much information available on property investment, and investing in general that I personally hardly seem to get time to be able scratch through the surface level.

Just in this forum alone there is so much to read and digest. I often start reading a post and think, gee, thats interesting I'll research a bit more into that, but before I know it I've run out of time and the family, work or sleep beckons.

There is another post running to do with "why is your partner not here"? Mine isn't here because I don't think there's enough hours in the day for her to be here. This in a way is good because it allows me to spend more time here.

There is also another thread about people's goals. Well, I think one of mine would have to be, to have the time to research all areas of investing I'd like. Which probably means doing it full time.

Got to go, I'm out of time!

Cheers

Rick

G'Day Rick,

I read somewhere that ..."you'll never know how much you can do, until you take on too much..."

I think everyone of us believes that to some extent, they could manage their time better.

I, for one, just don't seem to have enough hours in a day.

......and I really hate it when I hear someone say they have nothing to do,......my kids are dreadful at this, the more stuff they have, the more they reckon there is nothing to do.

Next time I hear an adult say that they have nothing to do, I'm gonna knock em out.

anyway I gotta go as well, too much to do.......

regards

Dear Rick,

Time management is one of the most important skills to develop.

Quick comments:

-If you think you can you can, if you think you can't you can't.

-Want a job done. Ask a busy person.

-Make a list of things of what you need to achieve the next day before you finish for the previous day. These must be clear objectives, otherwise you will always be distracted and not complete what you want to get done.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Thanks for the replies, and thanks for the website reference Mark. I think I'll get a lot out of it.

I read a good quote yesterday that said:-

You'll never find the time, you have to make it.

I think that pretty well sums it up, and if as Sunstone says, you have a clear list of objectives and you prioritise these, things won't seem as overwhelming.

Thanks again

Rick

Hi Rick,

Great thread – I love the whole time management thing! It is not always easy to structure our time when people are so busy rushing around trying to do a million things as once.

But, Sunstone is right (as usual :) ) it IS one of the most important skills to develop! There are some great books around on time management (If you have the time to read them). Otherwise, there are some great tips on the time-management-guide web site.

If you lead a busy life and you don’t organise your time, sooner or later your busyness will overwhelm you! So if your time is valuable to you, then start to manage it!

Just a few ideas!

1. Write things down; create lists of things to do, use a diary.
2. Look at the lists and diary!!!!!
3. Prioritise your jobs. Do you really need to do everything on your list? If not delete those items
4. Stop procrastinating, do the worst jobs of the day first.
5. Say ‘no’ to things you can’t or don’t want to do and say it at once. Don’t spend time worrying about how you are (eventually) going to back out.
6. Take time out for yourself in the spaces in the day that you have created by good time management.

And remember!
~ The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot~

Ruby :)

Good thread.

I found the things that I DON'T want to do, usually gets done because I pay someone else to do it. e.g. mowing the lawn on a stinking hot day.

Back